Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How many times you get up at night to pee?
This poll is closed.
None
40.74%
44 40.74%
One Time
36.11%
39 36.11%
Two Times
16.67%
18 16.67%
Three Times
1.85%
2 1.85%
Four Times
3.70%
4 3.70%
Five Times
0%
0 0%
Over Five Times
0.93%
1 0.93%
Total 108 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How many times you get up at night to pee?
How many times you get up at night to pee?
This is a poll to determine how many times you get up at night to pee since started CPAP therapy
Please add a comment how was it pre-CPAP and has it improved since starting CPAP therapy.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How many times you get up at night to pee?
Before CPAP, 2 to 3 times per night. With CPAP, 0. Who knew...
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP it was several times per night. Now it probably averages somewhere between zero and one. It was the first noticable benefit of CPAP therapy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
mosly zero, but sometimes one. used to be one every night. for those that don't know, when you stop breathing the heart rate goes up. when the heart rate goes up so does the activity in the organs. with more organ activity urine is produced and the need to pee is felt.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Used to get up more often, but now, zero for the most part (on average).

Serious Sam: If I'm American when I'm not in the bathroom, what am I when I'm in the bathroom?

Silly Sally
: Uhm, European? Tongue

Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto on the responses. Before cpap I got up several times. I also drank more water because I had such dry mouth from mouth breathing. The dry mouth and events would wake me up, I would go to the bathroom, come back and drink half a cup of water to cure the dry mouth. A few hours later the whole process would begin again. Since cpap I usually don't get up to go the bathroom at all and I no longer drink water during the night even if I do wake up. I love that humidifier attached to my machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm with everybody else. Before CPAP 2 - 3 times a night. I thought that I was old man before my time. I even thought that there may have been a more serious medical problem. However, after CPAP, trips to the washroom = 0 unless some unusual heavy drinking circumstance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't remember a time before CPAP. With CPAP I probably got up once at night. After I had my prostrate removed, I seldom get up at night to pee, unless the wine was particularly good.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply
Before cpap at lest 3 times, but on cpap it 's very rare to get up even once.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP, about every 2-3 hours, sometimes more frequently.

Since CPAP....usually none, sometimes one if I had a lot of fluid in the evening...or if I'm long sleeping....

The Dreamer.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 146 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 459 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 249 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 483 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark
  Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0 Phil487 3 729 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Phil487
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 873 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Can someone look at this, I woke up a couple times last night Phil487 0 442 06-21-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.