Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How many times you get up at night to pee?
This poll is closed.
None
40.74%
44 40.74%
One Time
36.11%
39 36.11%
Two Times
16.67%
18 16.67%
Three Times
1.85%
2 1.85%
Four Times
3.70%
4 3.70%
Five Times
0%
0 0%
Over Five Times
0.93%
1 0.93%
Total 108 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How many times you get up at night to pee?
RE: How many times you get up at night to pee?
At its worst, two to three times, though once was the norm. Still going once, but I'm still trying to get used to the machine after 6 weeks. I think I'm noticing gradual improvement though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe I'm odd... I almost never, ever get up to pee. I might wake up in the morning having to go quite badly, but it doesn't wake me up. Before or during CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP, 3 to 4 times per night. With CPAP, 0. And I love it!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless I consume mass quantities of liquid just before bed, I never get up to pee during the night. As for before the CPAP, I have no memory - it was too long ago! Dont-know
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2012, 07:23 AM)greatunclebill Wrote: mosly zero, but sometimes one. used to be one every night. for those that don't know, when you stop breathing the heart rate goes up. when the heart rate goes up so does the activity in the organs. with more organ activity urine is produced and the need to pee is felt.

That heart activity tricks the body into thinking that too much water is being produced, thus the urge to P (even though you don't really have to).
Using the ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask with a chinstrap

I do not use either the Ramp nor the EPR Comfort features

Have been on CPAP since December 1998

This is my 3rd machine

I use the ResMed ResScan Software (Version 3.16)
Post Reply Post Reply
Before diagnosis and CPAP fitting I usually needed to get up at least once per night, however through the years that i have used XPAP (Now 25 years) I rarely if ever need to get up.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply
What no bottle optionToo-funny

Or bedpan, what about the disabled, left out again lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2012, 07:33 AM)Gazby Wrote: What no bottle optionToo-funny

Or bedpan, what about the disabled, left out again lol
Pee is pee doesn't matter where does one take a leak.

Post Reply Post Reply
Before C-pap I would wake 2 hrs after bed and pee 2-3 times I think. Now, I usually sleep til morn, then really need to go immediately. IF I take a diuretic too late, or drink too much grape juice or some such drink, then I might wake 4 hrs later once, to go .BTW, I live fairly near Sleeping Beauty Turquoise, one of my all time fav Beautiful stones. It gets hot here and I don't drink nearly enough water in the summer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I rarely ever need to get up, before or after.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 1 40 16 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 458 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark
  Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0 Phil487 3 708 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Phil487
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Can someone look at this, I woke up a couple times last night Phil487 0 431 06-21-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.