Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How many times you get up at night to pee?
This poll is closed.
None
40.74%
44 40.74%
One Time
36.11%
39 36.11%
Two Times
16.67%
18 16.67%
Three Times
1.85%
2 1.85%
Four Times
3.70%
4 3.70%
Five Times
0%
0 0%
Over Five Times
0.93%
1 0.93%
Total 108 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How many times you get up at night to pee?
RE: How many times you get up at night to pee?
Same as everyone else... Before CPAP, typically once, maybe twice. Plus many times, once I was up, going back to sleep was tough, so I'd stay up and do something. With CPAP, typically zero. It's nice to sleep a solid 7-8 hours again. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP, 5 or more times per night.
After CPAP (and again now that I have new pressure settings), twice per night.
I fantasize about the days when I used to sleep through the night. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 02:15 AM)Moriarty Wrote: I am aware of a number of men who were sent to a urologist by their doctor and wasted months and hundreds of dollars in not solving the problem - only to end up discovering OSA because they talked to some one else who suggested OSA.

Sorry - one of my several hobby-horses... I'll get off it now. Smile

I am aware of someone who had prostate surgery because of waking frequently to pee. After the surgery, he still woke up the same number of times. Only then did his doctor check him for sleep apnea and he got a CPAP. And guess what, he doesn't wake up 5-6 times per night any more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2012, 12:52 AM)zonk Wrote: This is a poll to determine how many times you get up at night to pee since started CPAP therapy
Please add a comment how was it pre-CPAP and has it improved since starting CPAP therapy.

Our answer isn't linked with our name I hope. Nervous

Post Reply Post Reply
Just 0-1 per night before and after I started CPAP, unless I've had a few adult beverages, then maybe twice. Whew! Be right back, y'all.......
Post Reply Post Reply
Before CPAP several times a night...on CPAP zero!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 07:15 PM)Ugly Wrote: Our answer isn't linked with our name I hope. Nervous
none of my polls are made public
rest easy, no one to know

Post Reply Post Reply
before treatment started i would waken every hour or half hour to pee so average of 7-8 times a night

after treatment it is now 1-2 times a night and i have gone one night without waking

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Before 4-5 times a night. After 0 (OK maybe once but rarely).
I find this one of the more satisfying things about CPAP.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I get up several times every night even with my CPAP, I´m trying to find out the reason. May be the mask does not fit well and the pressure goes down, then I have some apneas even with the mask on, etc. But I still do not know.

I am new to the forum, any suggestions? I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to check on this situation
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 119 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Valtor
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wrong times on my OSCAR graphs Steve P 1 459 07-16-2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David Clark
  Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0 Phil487 3 710 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Phil487
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Can someone look at this, I woke up a couple times last night Phil487 0 431 06-21-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Phil487

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.