Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How meticulous R U?
RE: How meticulous R U?
Very nice to see I'm not the only one. Good points.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to meticulously wash my (washable) equipment very Sunday morning; now I wash it whenever the spirits move me - usually every 10 - 14 days. oldman
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Pollcat said only my frequency is not as great. More like every month or so.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Some are saying up to a month between cleaning some of their plastic equipment .. it takes me probably less then 10 minutes to wash the tube and plastic mask part in the sink then just hang to dry for the rest of the day .. do this twice a week ..

weather permitting we have our windows open in the bedroom and even though my wife hates a dirty house we live in the country and have a lot of dust certain times of the year .. mold can grow in just a few days in a warm wet environment such as the air tube .. so would just rather be safer then sorry and not end up with a doctor visit !!

that 20 minutes seems a small price to insure I am not causing myself to become sick ..

As an Asthma suffer I am overly careful not to cause a breathing problem to unnecessarily occur !!

But each to their own method that works for them !!
Post Reply Post Reply
I never wash the tubing and only was the nasal pillows if they are filthy.

No colds here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am pretty careful as I am 73 and getting sick is more dangerous for me. I wash my mask and humidifier daily in Ivory liquid and warm water and my hoses every week. I wipe the machine with a damp cloth and change the filter every month.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a SoClean machine made by XXXX company and it disinfects my system everyday, by pushing some sort of modified air through the whole system. Very useful, as I just take the mask off and pop it into the machine, tubing attached, and it automatically does its thing.

Everyday I wipe off the nasal pillows and once a week give everything a good clean with a disinfectant cleaning solution sold by many of the online shops.

I hope I can pass comment on the actual machine, as I've not mentioned the manufacturer nor supplier?
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
I soak my mask each morning in hot water with a mild dishwashing liquid and then soak it in non-soapy hot water.

When I started that routine, the problem that I had been having with a very sore nose immediately ceased and I've not been bothered with it since then.

I also wash the humidifier tank daily in lukewarm mild dishwashing liquid.

I wash the hose and headgear weekly in warm soapy water.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just as with people there are a variety of ways to keep the CPAP clean for each. It is nice to notice there are a few who do as I do and wash everything about once a month or so. Been doing this for over seven years and no bad side effects. So once every month or so works for me. Good luck
finding the system that works for you. One thing of note is how do you store you equipment for the day? I turn my mask face down so it can air dry and my hose is hanging so it can dry. I also open my machine so the tank can dry some.
Lee
Post Reply Post Reply
at best i wash the mask once a month, the tubing every other month, change filters ever 3 months. I just dont see the big deal in it personally
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.