Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How much water in humidifier?
I us only distilled water in my humidifier and while it's cheap, I don't like to waste it. I also like to empty the water each day and use fresh every night.

So, here is my solution. I bought a small 6 oz measuring cup from the baked goods isle in the grocery store and measure the amount I need. Pouring from the gallon jug to the measuring cup and then to the humidifier is easier than straight to the humidifier. And the formula could not be easier. It's a 1 to 1 relationship. Humidifier set to 3, then 3 oz. humidifier set to 5, then 5 oz. This will be good for 8 hours on the hose.

Works for me.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
I use leftover water for my plants.
Post Reply Post Reply
That correlation may hold under present conditions; but temp and ambient humidity will impact how much water will be used.
I'd rather not run a tank dry.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I still have plenty left over for changes, I just don't waste as much.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds complicated, I set mine at 4, top it off every night and wash it once a week.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I watch the usage amount and put that much in for the next day + a tad more for good measure. Many nights the usage is only 25% of the total reservoir volume and I see no point in dumping 75% my distilled water for no good reason. I usually see about 1/4 inch of water left in the reservoir when I dump it. YMMV so adjust accordingly.

A side benefit of this method is that the warm up time is considerably reduced so that I'm getting humidified air much sooner than if I had to heat a larger quantity of water.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anything other than water in humidifier? Sleep Viking 11 179 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleep Viking
  [Equipment] Humidifier leak dianewoodard53 2 93 08-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  dreamstation humidifier and hose leak jacob.fullmer 3 236 08-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  dreamstation humidifier seals mjp1976 6 202 08-01-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: mjp1976
  Thoughts on a travel specified machine vs packing up my S9 (witout humidifier)? jason26 7 225 07-31-2017, 11:14 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Question S9 humidifier issue Bradsky 7 151 07-31-2017, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Bradsky
  Anyone pre heat ttheir humidifier water before use? CPAPreturnee 8 416 07-17-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Gary1of2