Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How much water in humidifier?
I us only distilled water in my humidifier and while it's cheap, I don't like to waste it. I also like to empty the water each day and use fresh every night.

So, here is my solution. I bought a small 6 oz measuring cup from the baked goods isle in the grocery store and measure the amount I need. Pouring from the gallon jug to the measuring cup and then to the humidifier is easier than straight to the humidifier. And the formula could not be easier. It's a 1 to 1 relationship. Humidifier set to 3, then 3 oz. humidifier set to 5, then 5 oz. This will be good for 8 hours on the hose.

Works for me.
HuhDont-knowI am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
I use leftover water for my plants.
Post Reply Post Reply
That correlation may hold under present conditions; but temp and ambient humidity will impact how much water will be used.
I'd rather not run a tank dry.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

I still have plenty left over for changes, I just don't waste as much.
HuhDont-knowI am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds complicated, I set mine at 4, top it off every night and wash it once a week.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I watch the usage amount and put that much in for the next day + a tad more for good measure. Many nights the usage is only 25% of the total reservoir volume and I see no point in dumping 75% my distilled water for no good reason. I usually see about 1/4 inch of water left in the reservoir when I dump it. YMMV so adjust accordingly.

A side benefit of this method is that the warm up time is considerably reduced so that I'm getting humidified air much sooner than if I had to heat a larger quantity of water.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proper water for CPAP humidifier...? S.L. Ping Beauty 15 915 02-15-2017, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  [Equipment] ResMed H5i humidifier heating query Ceedy 8 178 02-15-2017, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Ceedy
  Water Changing in H5i Heated Humidifier ppca 6 362 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [CPAP] No water chamber Mghoran 5 275 02-03-2017, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Mghoran
  Dreamstation Humidifier Question Newbee2016 16 833 01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Cranberry Ray
  Septoplasty with APAP and humidifier? alisa 7 300 01-18-2017, 11:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Humidifier filler Bob Engelhardt 18 610 01-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Last Post: chill