Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How much water in humidifier?
How much water in humidifier?
I us only distilled water in my humidifier and while it's cheap, I don't like to waste it. I also like to empty the water each day and use fresh every night.

So, here is my solution. I bought a small 6 oz measuring cup from the baked goods isle in the grocery store and measure the amount I need. Pouring from the gallon jug to the measuring cup and then to the humidifier is easier than straight to the humidifier. And the formula could not be easier. It's a 1 to 1 relationship. Humidifier set to 3, then 3 oz. humidifier set to 5, then 5 oz. This will be good for 8 hours on the hose.

Works for me.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How much water in humidifier?
I use leftover water for my plants.
Post Reply Post Reply
That correlation may hold under present conditions; but temp and ambient humidity will impact how much water will be used.
I'd rather not run a tank dry.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I still have plenty left over for changes, I just don't waste as much.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds complicated, I set mine at 4, top it off every night and wash it once a week.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
I watch the usage amount and put that much in for the next day + a tad more for good measure. Many nights the usage is only 25% of the total reservoir volume and I see no point in dumping 75% my distilled water for no good reason. I usually see about 1/4 inch of water left in the reservoir when I dump it. YMMV so adjust accordingly.

A side benefit of this method is that the warm up time is considerably reduced so that I'm getting humidified air much sooner than if I had to heat a larger quantity of water.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,811 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.