Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How narrow should I make my pressure?
How narrow should I make my pressure?
Hi, all -

Well, I'm a full week in now, and having great results - AHI between .5 and 1.25 for the whole week. I give most of the credit for that to the Dreamwear mask - so much better than the 5 and 6 I got with the PR ComfortGel Blue I had the first couple of nights (last week).

Anyway, I've been slowly narrowing my pressure range over the last couple of nights. What I'm wondering is, how narrow should I make it? Should I not worry about it too much with the great AHI's I'm getting? Seems like the machine only dips down to 10 a few times a night, and never stays there more than a few minutes - should I maybe aim for 11 as a minimum? The max pressure is easier, because I can go by the 95% number, but I'm not sure what to aim for on the minimum.

Attaching last night's chart in case that helps. Smile

Thanks!

[Image: screenshot-20151108-093530.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How narrow should I make my pressure?
It seems like most of your VS occurs when the pressure is at the low end. That would tell me there is not enough pressure to prevent a snore. Your 50% number is in the 13s. That would suggest to me that the min pressure is low. But it's hard to say if doing anything at this time would be wise. You have only been on it for 1 week. I would suggest letting it go one more week to get a good base and then revisit.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Alan. I'll hold off. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at your pressure and event charts, it looks like that the machine is raising pressure purely in response to snore events (PRS1 responds to VS2 events by raising pressure in APAP mode).

I would reduce the top end of the range gradually (one change of 0.5cm per week) and see how AHI responds.

Are you using Aflex? What setting?
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in a similar situation as you, but involving LL's. Got it under control, but trying to get it down to nothing. A week minimum is a good indicator of what is happening. I force myself to be more patient and try to get 30 days data before making any changes.

I also am on the fence about narrowing my ranges. Very rarely make it to 12, and usually average in the high 10's for the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stopped narrowing my range because I find that now that I'm past allergy season, my bottom pressure wants to be lower with no real appreciable change in AHI or RERAs. When I'm over 1, it's usually leaks or special situations like pain medication or a glass of wine too close to bedtime.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whoa. Wait. Stop.

Don't make so many changes in such a short time. No two nights are the same. Sure, you have an Autoset and it can adjust for you, but the data will still be incomplete. Even with autoPAPs, we have to give it a while for the trends to form. You want to see what your data looks like in weeks, not nights.

And you've only been using it a WEEK?

Yeah, definitely slow down. Let it settle. Use it at where you have it for quite some time. Your body and brain have to adjust to this new thing and you're not giving a chance. Back away from the controls. Further back. There.

Let this sit where it is. Gather data. Watch the 95% and the median. See what happens after a night out with friends. What happens on nights after you had too much beer/wine or too much spicy food. See what happens during a stressful week at work.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Paula Oxygen. That one night in your pic you slept for 7-1/2 hours with a .66 AHI. Wowee! Most of us would KILL for a night like that. Let it roll, wait a month, then take another look at your numbers. We're all in this for the long run.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's like deja vu all over again Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 209 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 347 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,408 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
Exclaimation SSRI's Can Make it Worse.. AlaskanJaeger 3 557 12-17-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredpanda
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,628 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Can you make anything of my home test results? vanillagorilla 2 389 12-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: vanillagorilla

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.