Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How often change the parts of Resmed CPAP
RE: How often change the parts of Resmed CPAP
Short N simple: I ditto the above from others. Kudos on your assist to your mom in her need. Best to her successful treatment.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After seeing my motherinlaw experience with CPAP I understand why insurance companies allow so much changing. Most people never see this or any other forum and never clean their machine .
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2018, 07:01 AM)Rcgop Wrote: After seeing my motherinlaw experience with CPAP I understand why insurance companies allow so much changing. Most people never see this or any other forum and never clean their machine .
Or they get suckered in to buying the "SoClean" and similar devices and think that's all they need....

...Even though the instructions with the devices indicate that they are not a replacement for recommended physical cleaning.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
AN IMO:

I would like to suggest the product just mentioned be renamed FauxClean, as it does not sound like it delivers results relative to customer expectations. You still have to clean the CPAP parts some old fashioned way, i.e. I clean mine with water and Dawn dish soap.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
(03-26-2018, 11:41 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: AN IMO:

I would like to suggest the product just mentioned be renamed FauxClean,

Great suggestion Dave   like
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Melman. I get good ideas on things sometimes.

BTW no offense to any that like the product, I myself just cannot justify paying for something extra to get less than advertised results and gaining unexpected side effects.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Instructions with my ResMed 9 say that the water tank should be used with distilled water, and that weekly, it should be opened and distilled vinegar poured into it and allowed to soak for 15 minutes.  There is no scale buildup in it after three years.  The plastic snaps holding the lid onto the tank might wear or break after some time and use.

The swivel hose fitting on my Resmed Mirage Quattro mask has broken a few times over three years, necessitating replacement of the mask each time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 201 Yesterday, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 113 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 352 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,295 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need parts for Resmed Astral 150 PappaJoe 2 147 04-03-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 309 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,910 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.