Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How often did your DME let you swap masks?
RE: How often did your DME let you swap masks?
I had the same experience as Geer.  I went about 2 years with the same set-up.  After a sudden and significant loss of weight, that mask just simply wouldnm't work anymore.   My DME had 4 boxes of head gear, and let me borrow 2 or three for a few nights to see if I liked any of them.  Tried them, didn't like them, got 2 or 3 others fo a couple more weeks.  Those were horrible, and I got a couple more to try over the Christmas/New Year's holidays.  She was out of the office for three weeks, and let me use those until she got back.  All told, I test-drove masks for about 2 months before I found the right one.  Yes, the question of hygiene did cross my mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How often did your DME let you swap masks?
I went to a local DME when I started out (after an initial AWFUL call from Aerocare--no way was I going to them!). They let me take home at least 8 different masks to try out during my first month and I tried on at least couple of others in their office. I finally just settled for one because I felt bad about them opening all those new masks! They said they returned them for credit, but still...

I ended up trying probably another 6 to 8 more on my own over the next year, until the Bleep finally became available and I finally had a mask I liked and could use!

I think I am actually really lucky with my DME!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 115 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 344 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 408 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.