Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How often do you check your Numbers
This poll is closed.
Daily
40.74%
11 40.74%
Weekly
29.63%
8 29.63%
Monthly
11.11%
3 11.11%
AS-Needed
18.52%
5 18.52%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How often do you check your numbers?
How often do you check your numbers?
How often do you download and check your numbers and results?

I check mine about once a week, or more often if I feel something was amiss during the night.

You can vote for more than one choice..
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How often do you check your numbers?
Every morning I check the AHI and every week or ten days do a download of the data, but that's only because I'm newly on an ASV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I download to ResScan once a week, just to keep the high rate data. Usually give a glance to the summary data, and if I see anything outside my norms, have a closer look.
Post Reply Post Reply
retired and bored. check mine and my wife's every morning, first thing in sleepyhead and encore and SP02 when it is used.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyday. Just upgraded from an S8 Autoset to an S9 Autoset and comparing the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Daily while we are getting everything dialed in. Once we are comfortable with where we are, I will probably check it every few days or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im not sure how other househeads who have been doing this a while get on but at first I followed it daily but now its settled down and under 5.0 I check it weekly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice poll .........................Thanks
Check the lit screen data first thing mainly to see leak and also like to see that slept at least 6 hours or more.
Voted weekly but more if notice something out of the ordinary.
Post Reply Post Reply
I download my SD card data into SH software every two weeks. I also download data on an as-needed basis.

Because every two weeks wasn't an option in the poll, I chose "As Needed"/
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At first I used to download mine almost every day. Now I just look at the AHI averages on the on-screen display (PRS1 machines show the 7-day and 30-day averages). After one machine change and two doctor-ordered-but-requested-by-me pressure adjustments I've got my AHI down to about 2.

I'll download the data to SleepyHead every once a while, maybe once or twice a month or so?

Without software and diligent monitoring I'd never have gotten my AHI down this far. Now I just patiently wait as my sleeping patterns and day-time mood, functionality, and general attitude towards life slowly improve.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep arturg 4 149 6 hours ago
Last Post: arturg
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 342 Today, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 196 Yesterday, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 155 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 191 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 132 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 400 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.