Humidifier: ResMed H5i with Climateline Tubing
CPAP Pressure: 6.0 -16.0 CM
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: How often for a Sleep Study?
(05-31-2012 05:21 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  
(05-31-2012 05:06 PM)zonk Wrote:  
(05-31-2012 04:04 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I downloaded the clinicians manual for my machine, and I do have a reader for the little card in the back of my S9 machine. I also tried downloading the software for the card from the forum. I must have done something wrong because it doesn't work for me.
Which software ResScan or SleepyHead, whats the problem may be someone can help.
Whats the average leak?

I believe it was the SleepyHead software. I did get an onscreen message that indicated there was an updated version available. When I tried downloading that one, I got another message that said "download failed" but it didn't say why. My computer is just one year old and running Windows 7 - and as far as I know everything seems to be working ok.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't think I know how to learn the average leak. My AHI goes anywhere from .4 to 1.5.

I sure do wish I was computer literate. I have two grown sons that can do most anything they want with a computer. However they live 3 hours away from my house and have lives of their own.

My GP asked me today if I feel rested when I get up in the morning and I told her No, because I am so tired most of the time. I can fall asleep sitting up if I am in a comfortable chair. Maybe I'm just getting lazy in my old age.

Wow! That's an amazing AHI. With those numbers, you shouldnt be worrying about a signficant leak. However, you should be feeling less tired than you do, unless you are having sleep issues besides OSA, like restless leg syndrome. Before going through another sleep study to find out if you do, I would be sure your GP has ruled out other physical, metabolic or nutritional conditions that could also make you tired.

BTW, I got the same "failed download" message when I tried to download the upgraded version of SleepyHead. I am not sure it matters, since the old version for AHI purposes works well enough.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 05:54 PM by BabyDoc.)
05-31-2012 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Since it is obvious your sleep apnea is not the cause of your exhaustion, then the GP should be testing you for other issues. There's a lot of things that would make you tired and sleep apnea is just one of them.

Hypothyroid, low blood pressure, etc etc.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-31-2012 05:49 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

(05-31-2012 05:21 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I don't think I know how to learn the average leak. My AHI goes anywhere from .4 to 1.5.

I have two grown sons that can do most anything they want with a computer. However they live 3 hours away from my house and have lives of their own.
I,m just like you my son does everything for me and he lives away from home but on occasion we chat on google talk and if wanted anything done on my computer he ask me for the IP address and does fix everything from his end.
Press and hold the two silver buttons together for 3 sec, turn the push dial and then push it once to view the sleep report which would show pressure, leak and breakdown of AHI.
See the setup instruction and the video will take you step by step to all the S9 features
http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup
05-31-2012 06:05 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

Sex: Undisclosed

(05-31-2012 05:21 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:  I believe it was the SleepyHead software. I did get an onscreen message that indicated there was an updated version available. When I tried downloading that one, I got another message that said "download failed" but it didn't say why. My computer is just one year old and running Windows 7 - and as far as I know everything seems to be working ok.

Shut down SleepyHead, right click on the icon, select "Run as Administrator." The update will probably work then. Close SleepyHead and try again without the administrator.

You don't need to Run as Administrator again unless it wants to update again.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
06-02-2012 01:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 237 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  sending sleep study to another doctor's office sleepytimegal 3 205 11-30-2016 10:26 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Accuracy of Resmed AS10 vs Sleep Study Type IMSleeplessInSeattle 5 415 11-28-2016 12:11 AM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 284 11-20-2016 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  When is it time to get another sleep study done. duece12345 7 328 11-19-2016 11:51 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Question [Diagnosis] Sleep Study Report: Lowest Desaturation vs Lowest Saturation blueelement2016 4 246 11-09-2016 02:37 AM
Last Post: blueelement2016
  home sleep study problem garretdl 5 367 10-14-2016 02:39 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred