Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Secondwind offer is a joke
Secondwind offer is a joke
Sorry but offering $200 for a machine they have listed at $1399, give me a break. I know you have to make money but come on.
RE: Secondwind offer is a joke
Secondwind sells used and open box machines. Sometimes they have brand new, non-open box machines. The price they list is what the manufacturer suggests IF the machine were brand spankin' new.

I'm glad a place like them exist.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

No the manufacturer price listed is $5400
Yeah, buying crap from folks that you may or may not be able to resell, and having to make a living while doing it! The nerve they have! Selling a lightly used unit that they've checked out and offer a warranty on for 76% ($4100) off the MSRP!?!

If you think whatever piece you are selling is worth more than $200, then I suggest that you get off your butt, do a little work and go find a buyer that is willing to pay $1300 for it. Wait - you don't think you could find anybody to buy it for $1,300? What could you get for it? Maybe $200? Maybe something more than that? OK, when you find that buyer and settle on a price, then I would say you would have determined the value of that piece - and maybe it is more than $200, but you do the work to go find that out.

Seriously, I for one am glad they are there and do what they do. I bought an S-9 (what was I thinking?!?) from them used. A year later and it started giving me problems. Sounds like bad bearings. Now, it was a used machine when I got it, it had no factory warranty, it was well past the warranty that the supplier offered. I was not seeking a refund or replacement - I was inquiring as to the likelihood or repair. No dice on repair, but they made me a smoking hot deal on a new in box S-8 Autoset II (which to me is likely a better unit anyway) and they had ZERO responsibility to do that. PERFECT for my intended use as a travel machine. They did all of that because they are stand up guys.

OMMOHY

Offering about 14% of what there are selling them for. This is a used machine but it only has 31 hours on it.
If they's the only one making an offer to you, sounds to me like it's worth about $200. What they choose to offer it for (and may or may not sell it at) is irrelevant to your transaction.

If you don't want to take their offer, then don't. Nobody's got a gun to your head. They're not stealing it. Like I said, go try to sell it yourself for $1300. Good luck with that.

You have no legitimate gripe with them so don't come bitching to us. Don't really want to hear it.

OMMOHY

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Philips not offer international warranty (USA -> Australia)? BHappy 2 1,377 05-15-2020, 08:46 PM
Last Post: BHappy
  Do any of our suppliers offer an at home sleep study? dlucibello 2 896 05-13-2020, 03:32 PM
Last Post: jaswilliams
  EPR Seems Not To Offer Any Benefit DarthSandman 4 1,473 09-27-2019, 07:35 AM
Last Post: ragtopcircus
  SecondWind CPAP andyjh64 2 2,387 08-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Barbz
  Please offer advice kayla 69 22,168 01-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Last Post: TheWerkz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.