Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow
RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow
(04-11-2016, 01:03 AM)hmucha Wrote: Thank you palerider!

The left cone was indeed inverted. That's the nostril that has been giving me trouble.

awesome, here's to more use out of your pillows... and less profit for the money grubbing DMEs Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
For anyone looking for P10 or Nuance pillows, Supplier #10 has the xsmall, small and large pillows in packs of 5 for $25.00. Just go to the page for the brand of pillow you want. When you click to select the size a drop down menu will let you choose to purchase either single pillows or the 5 pack.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
cool, thanks!
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
hmucha,
Here is a link to the supplier list that you inquired about.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

When referring to a supplier on the list, it's best just to use the supplier number, as we are not
allowed to post a link to a commercial site on the forum.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-10-2016, 10:34 PM)SaldusMiegas Wrote: hmucha, like some others I am on my first set of P10 going on six months. If I don't wipe them daily they get dirty and start to leak. You might try the next size larger if you are getting a lot of leaks after using them for 10 days. They aren't really supposed to get inserted into the nostril, just make a nice seal around the rim. Seems like a lot of others have had good luck in overcoming leaks and discomfort by trying a size larger.

Protege, if you are shopping around for a supplier as well as cpap wipes, check out Supplier #1... I bought the P10 and it came with free shipping, free return insurance, and they offered a container of 60 CPAP wipes for 1 cent. These normally go for about $12. But to be honest, I just ran out of them and chose to replace with baby wipes for a couple dollars versus reordering the CPAP wipes for twelve dollars. Baby wipes seem to work just as well, though they are much thicker and a little less convenient because of that.

Saldus Miegas

Well, I talked to my new supplier today, and they never heard of cpap wipes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also use the AirFit P10 nasal pillows and I wash them every morning with baby shampoo and let them air dry. I have found that, for me, they last about 2-1/2 weeks. I keep track of when to check them on my calendar.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 09:42 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: I also use the AirFit P10 nasal pillows and I wash them every morning with baby shampoo and let them air dry. I have found that, for me, they last about 2-1/2 weeks. I keep track of when to check them on my calendar.

while I have no data to back this up... the feeling I have is that the more often people wash their silicone mask parts, the more often they have to replace them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2016, 10:03 PM)palerider Wrote: while I have no data to back this up... the feeling I have is that the more often people wash their silicone mask parts, the more often they have to replace them.

I'm beginning to believe this as well. I wash my P10 pillows whenever I absolutely have nothing else to do. Currently, I am getting 6 to 9 months life out of them.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash mine every few weeks, or if they don't look clean.. (sneeze residue or anything like that)... and wipe the outside most nights with a squirt of hand sanitizer and a tissue.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,188 3 hours ago
Last Post: car54
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 86 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,576 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,978 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,865 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.