Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow
RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow
I hardly ever clean mine. I know that sounds pretty low-rent. I've probably went through only 6 masks in 15 years. I hate breaking in a new one.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand why people don't want to take all of a minute to clean these daily. The pillows are stuck up your nose, not exactly the cleanest place on your body. Each to their own I guess but it boggles my mind.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 11:24 AM)TonyJ Wrote: I don't understand why people don't want to take all of a minute to clean these daily. The pillows are stuck up your nose, not exactly the cleanest place on your body. Each to their own I guess but it boggles my mind.

Agree with you TonyJ,
Although the pillows don't go up your nose but just a little, it's not the cleanest part of your body, snot, sneezing, and whatever else. Ugh!
It takes a minute. Clean them!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 11:31 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(04-12-2016, 11:24 AM)TonyJ Wrote: I don't understand why people don't want to take all of a minute to clean these daily. The pillows are stuck up your nose, not exactly the cleanest place on your body. Each to their own I guess but it boggles my mind.

Agree with you TonyJ,
Although the pillows don't go up your nose but just a little, it's not the cleanest part of your body, snot, sneezing, and whatever else. Ugh!
It takes a minute. Clean them!

Me too. I clean them every morning with Dawn and hot water when i get up. The pillow that came with my mask is still sealing well after almost 2 months of use.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wipe the lanolin* off the nasal pillows with my fingers when I remove the mask in the morning, and the nasal pillows last about 2 months. My supplier will replace them once a month. I do have to soak the stretchy strap in hot water maybe once a month, to restore the stretchiness to it.

* The lanolin? I rub some around the edge of my nostrils when I go to bed. It helps to make a seal, and it helps to avoid cracking of the skin. You buy it in the nursing mothers sections of a grocery store; they use it to protect nipples (sorry if that's TMI, but you need to know how to find the stuff in the store!). I found this info elsewhere on this site.
Post Reply Post Reply
I usually get my dog to lick mine clean!

Almost dinner time!
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2016, 03:00 PM)sdb7802 Wrote: I usually get my dog to lick mine clean!

Almost dinner time!

Laugh-a-lot

Hey! That's the way we do dishes!
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, Booger really does a good job.
Post Reply Post Reply

so, what're you doing to clean your nose?

where are the terrible terrible germs coming from, if not your nose?

you know, you can't make yourself sick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Angry 
Update: Replacing my headgear fixed the problem.

My ResMed Airfit P10 headgear loosened over time. I washed in warm water and it was still loose.

I switched to a new nasal pillow. It was fine the first night or two. Then it felt loose. I had to kept readjusting my left nostril; it felt left there wasn't enough air going into my left nostril. (I checked that it wasn't inverted.)

I replaced my headgear while keeping the same nasal pillow. The problem with the nasal pillow went away!

I had thought that the headgear was tight enough because it didn't fall off at night. But now I know, it needs to be tighter for my nasal pillow to be secure. Next time my nasal pillow feels loose, I will tighten my headgear -- stapling, sewing, etc.

It is beyond frustrating that both nasal pillow and headgear deteriorate over time. Before they are replaced by insurance. I hope ResMed is working on this.
Oh-jeez

Also, I ordered the next size up (S) so I will try that too. But I am an extremely petite person so I doubt it will help. Thanks.

(04-11-2016, 10:30 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(04-11-2016, 10:03 PM)palerider Wrote: while I have no data to back this up... the feeling I have is that the more often people wash their silicone mask parts, the more often they have to replace them.

I'm beginning to believe this as well. I wash my P10 pillows whenever I absolutely have nothing else to do. Currently, I am getting 6 to 9 months life out of them.

For some reason I didn't see this until now because I didn't get an email.

I can believe this! Thanks, I will try not washing.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,227 39 minutes ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,299 5 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 88 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.