Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow
RE: How often replace AirFit P10 nasal pillow
my roomie's coming up on two years on the first pillow, I'm about 20 months on mine.

wipe it with some hand sanitizer and a tissue to get the skin oils off of it, and wash it when it looks even a little grody.

still on the original strap, but I did wash it yesterday in nice hot soapy water, shrunk a good 2 inches.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2016, 03:13 PM)palerider Wrote: still on the original strap, but I did wash it yesterday in nice hot soapy water, shrunk a good 2 inches.

Well, that's progress! Big Grin
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you have to wash the strap in HOT water, not warm. I put it in water that I don't want to put my hands into. Push it down in with my finger tips and don't take it out till the water cools.

And OP (original poster -- I've forgotten your name), I don't always get emails either. Dunno why. I have to check back on threads if I really want to see answers!
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow Palerider, you are really getting mileage on yours! I lost one to the cat (she mistook it for a chew toy), but the longest I have (so far) been able to get one to last is about 2 months. They start leaking a lot. I boil them for 5 minutes and can eek out almost another month and that's it. By then, one side is collapsing and simply won't work. I just soak for a few minutes, rinse and dry, no wipes. Still using original strap - it's finally stretched enough to actually fit without bruising my nose (about 7 months of use).
Post Reply Post Reply
take a close look at the pillows, you'll see there's an inner cone and outer cone.

if you push a little too hard the inner cone will invert, just leaving the soft floppy outer cone, which has no support, and then they're very leak prone.

squeeze the pillow across the long axis and the inner cone will pop back up.

I've had two or three people tell me, just recently, that is what was causing them problems with the P10 (and swift fx, I think)
Post Reply Post Reply
It is interesting and a bit confusing to see all the different types and frequencies of maintenance people are doing on the same mask as well as the dramatically different lengths of time the same pillows and headgear are being used. I am a brand new S9 Autoset owner and just got my P10 mask yesterday and used it last night for the first time. Everything worked much better than I had expected which was great because I'm not receiving any insurance reimbursements for my masks (or machine). Finding ways to extend the life of the pillows and headgear or retrofitting the headgear to make it last longer is muy importante for minimizing my out of pocket costs.
Post Reply Post Reply
A word of caution on the P10 pillows. Do not clean them in any solution that has a temperature you can't put your hands in comfortably. Part of the P10's material is a low temp plastic and will deform if subjected to hot solutions.

Please don't ask me how I know this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2016, 11:02 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A word of caution on the P10 pillows. Do not clean them in any solution that has a temperature you can't put your hands in comfortably. Part of the P10's material is a low temp plastic and will deform if subjected to hot solutions.

Dielaughing
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2016, 11:46 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(04-19-2016, 11:02 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A word of caution on the P10 pillows. Do not clean them in any solution that has a temperature you can't put your hands in comfortably. Part of the P10's material is a low temp plastic and will deform if subjected to hot solutions.

Dielaughing
I want pictures about how this is known!! Wink Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply

Hmm, what do you do when you say oops? I know what I do when I say oops! You never want to hear a doctor say oops in the operating room...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 993 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,663 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,673 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,508 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 134 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 245 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,944 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.