Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Anyfeedback on this Craigslist seller?
Anyfeedback on this Craigslist seller?
I have been doing some tentative shopping comparisons in order to tell my doctor where to fax my prescription when I see him on Friday.  I thought I would probably go with seller #2, depending on what my doctor prescribes, but I did some searching on eBay and Craigslist and came up with one seller that I'd like to ask if anybody here has any experience with because their price seems "too good to be true".

I'm a new member here and want to make sure I don't break any rules so I was using PMs with Paula on this and she said it was okay as long as I did not include links.

I saw a listing for several cities in Craigslist in NorCal and imagine they are advertising throughout the U.S.  The title reads:
BRAND NEW* ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP with heated humidifier - $495

I emailed the seller and asked if they had a web site, etc.  I was told that they do have a web site and it's called InspireSleep.  But I was told that they don't sell from their web site but that you have to call or email and they'll send a PayPal invoice for your purchase.  I noticed that the phone number on the web site was in British Columbia and the phone number given in the email is a different area code but also in British Columbia.

This just seems odd but PayPal protection should help me but I'm still reluctant to order out of country and with a seller not on the list of sellers here unless some others have had positive experience with them.

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyfeedback on this Craigslist seller?
You can purchase a new one on Amazon for $550...from a company in Florida called "CPAP Stop and More". I purchased one a month ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen the same add in Milwaukee and have wondered if they are legitimate. I did a search and found a few people who have bought from the guy and I have not seen any complaint, I could not find Cpap stop and more in Florida.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI - I ended up ordering the "ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet" (new) on Amazon tonight for $475 plus about $5 shipping. If you search for that title on Amazon you can select from various sellers. However, during the day they have higher prices and then at night other sellers come on board and offer lower prices. The seller I picked from is someone I talked to on the phone (found contact information on Amazon) and he said he only handles Amazon sales at night and weekends. Interestingly, he lowered the price twice this evening while I was searching and deliberating. I bought from "Total Health and Cpap Supplies" Five minutes after I made my purchase they raised their price by $40 and the other seller with a similar price apparently sold the 1 unit they showed on hand. Very dynamic market/pricing!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update, I somehow messed up in checking out on the above order and did not get it for $475. I noticed I did not get an email confirmation from Amazon and got it ordered the following night for $499 + $5 shipping. I received shipping label information from "Total Health and Cpap Supplies" about an hour after I made my purchase even though that was after midnight in Florida (seller's location). As another member told me, they received the 37208 model with ClimateLine instead of 37207, so that made the deal even sweeter.

Best pricing on Amazon is at night and on weekends. Presently the same seller is selling it for $480 plus $5 shipping while another seller has it for $480 with free shipping.

This is a much easier and safer approach than what I had found on Craigslist.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know when you take delivery and how the transaction went. Sounds like you should have delivery soon.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 386 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Is this legit (seller of used autoset)? gaydolphinorgy 2 550 04-04-2022, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  craigslist deal car54 0 692 11-07-2020, 07:18 PM
Last Post: car54
  Setting up Craigslist ASV? IUsedToSnore 44 4,556 08-27-2020, 01:59 PM
Last Post: IUsedToSnore
  My local Craigslist find Vitamin J 9 2,263 12-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Ellen Sauer
  Question using PayPal to buy cpap from craigslist Lanco 19 3,958 10-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.