Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How often to replace tubing
RE: How often to replace tubing
If you have small pets, ie cats, I would recommend you get a hose cover from any of the suppliers on the list. The cover protects the hose from their claws and little toofers. I had a hose for almost 3 years until our youngest one sunk her teeth into it.

My general advice to anyone on CPAP is to have a spare for everything, even a machine if possible. With my insurance it is harder not to get something than to get something. I am at the point, I have more than enough masks, 6' tubes, humidifier tanks, and filters that if my DME tanks, I can survive for a long, long time. With my insurance, you send a flag if you don't order anything.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
We have three cats, and not one has expressed any interest in my machine or it's hose. My machine is well over three years old, and I'm still using the heated hose that came with it. Same goes for my water reservoir. 

I'm swimming in spare parts. I have numerous pieces of whatever I might need. I just got a message today and that another in en-route.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
BigGuy, if it was legal (but we know it isn't), we could probably go into business together and open up our own spare parts depot.  Too-funny Like you, I just got notice I have more on the way. I'll have to find a new place to store them. Our DME does the same thing with my wife's stuff as well. Won't take no for answer.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased a second (Resmed brand) hose 6 years ago. I alternate them weekly to allow plenty of time for them to dry between cleaning. Both hoses are capable of giving a 0 (zero) leak reading. In fact so far this month I have had 5 zero leak days. 

I have not had to replace either hose in 6 years. I only use the Resmed brand hose.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased a second Aircurve 10 Vauto out of pocket last year and the extra supplies help to keep it going. I usually leave the other machine at a summer cottage we have so I don't have to carry my home unit back and forth. Extra supplies help. My older Vauto provided by insurance is over 19000 hours and due for replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 12:23 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: BigGuy, if it was legal (but we know it isn't), we could probably go into business together and open up our own spare parts depot.  Too-funny  Like you, I just got notice I have more on the way. I'll have to find a new place to store them. Our DME does the same thing with my wife's stuff as well. Won't take no for answer.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat.........err, umm, uhh, I mean another storage tub. I have two already that are full.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I think there is a limit to the amount of supplies we can conscionably hoard. I don't know where that limit is, but it definitely includes reselling. Getting as much as you can, because you can seems unethical, and just raises insurance costs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 07:11 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think there is a limit to the amount of supplies we can conscionably hoard. I don't know where that limit is, but it definitely includes reselling.  Getting as much as you can, because you can seems unethical, and just raises insurance costs.

I can and do understand your sentiment. I'm not sure what my cut-off point will be. I'm not at all convinced though, that refusing the delivery of new supplies would reduce or stabilize insurance costs one bit. 

That just doesn't happen in the real world.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand I'm sometimes idealistic and naive, but this from the guy considering quitting CPAP? We either live by our standards and beliefs of right and wrong, or fall into the abyss that has become increasingly acceptable to get as much as you can regardless of the consequences. It's dystopian.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2022, 08:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I understand I'm sometimes idealistic and naive, but this from the guy considering quitting CPAP?  We either live by our standards and beliefs of right and wrong, or fall into the abyss that has become increasingly acceptable to get as much as you can regardless of the consequences.  It's dystopian.

Once I do actually quit Sleep Apnea Therapy, that will be that. No more supplies. I'm trying to stay in the game, and it hasn't been easy. It can be a roller coaster of sorts. 

To say that I've been disappointed in it would be an under-statement. If it hadn't been for this very forum and it's very fine members, I would have called it quits long ago.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 86 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 245 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.