Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How often you follow-up with sleep doctor/professional?
This poll is closed.
weekly
0%
0 0%
Monthly
0%
0 0%
2 months
1.64%
1 1.64%
3 momths
8.20%
5 8.20%
6 months
21.31%
13 21.31%
9 months
0%
0 0%
1 year
22.95%
14 22.95%
Other
16.39%
10 16.39%
Never
29.51%
18 29.51%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How often you follow-up with sleep doctor/professional?
RE: How often you follow-up with sleep doctor/professional?
I had a followup after 6 weeks of usage. Since my results were very good, he asked me to come back in a year unless I had problems or concerns prior to that. My doc also gave me copies of both my sleep study and titration study without having to ask or having to pay anything extra for them. It's been a pretty good experience so far, thankfully.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 11:24 PM)bobg1946 Wrote: Fosco, how can you be unsure of having/using a humidifier. Do you put water into your CPAP reservoir? I would think that the air at 7200' in NM would be very dry!

Yes, it IS dry here! I got confused by the language of the question "Please enter the make and model of your CPAP Humidifier. (or "none" or "unsure")" because I naively thought perhaps most humidifiers were separate boxes and not integrated with the CPAP unit like mine. I have corrected my profile.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update
I keep postponing the appointment with the doctor as don,t see any valid reason to make the trip
He is going to ask, How I feel and take note of AHI, 95% pressure, etc ....

I've learned a great deal of stuff on this forum from non-doctors, I see no reason to pay a doctor to tell me the obvious

Post Reply Post Reply
My doctor barely knows what AHI means!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Oh-jeezDoctor visits depend on the severity of your condition. Once a year is a good recommendation - in general. See your doctor when ever you have issues. Note: You may not know if you have issues. I am one of those who learned the hard way. Over a five year period, my peak pressure requirement went from 8 cm to 17 cm and there was no weight gain or other health issues. I didn't know that I needed to be assessed periodically. I didn't realize that there was a problem until I developed atrial flutter and had all the symptoms of a heart attack. Fortunately for me, my problem was corrected by surgery and I do not have to take any medications and have no physical activity restrictions. I was lucky! Now I go once a year or more often and I never sleep without my VPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2013, 10:19 PM)Nite Owl Wrote: Note: You may not know if you have issues.

All the more reason to have a good data-capable machine. Regular check ups are a good idea, and certainly issues are missed, but if you don't have data from your machine about the only thing the doctor can do is guess or order another expensive sleep study.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After the initial prescription consultation I was asked to come back in 3 months - then 6 months. At that stage the doc said he was happy that I could monitor myself and he gave me an appointment for early 2015 so he can report to my GP to give me another certificate so I can renew my Drivers Licence.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2012, 01:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I am again seeing my blood pressure slowly increase and am having odd dreams that I can manipulate. So I'm thinking I need to go see the old snot (I don't like him) soon.

Any chance you change to a different sleep doctor?

Good luck,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
[/size]hi, great doc. See every six months. Have SD card checked every two months. Same doc last seven yrs. She runs a mask clinic with local me. Was told if weight change up or down more than twenty pounds call office.

Sleep-well

Muddpa

Post Reply Post Reply
Been on CPAP for 3 years and see Sleep Dr every 12 months. She's happy with my CPAP complience and happily gives me a form for driver licencing to say I'm fit to drive.
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 199 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,864 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 217 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 305 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 249 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 557 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 984 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.