Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How often you follow-up with sleep doctor/professional?
This poll is closed.
weekly
0%
0 0%
Monthly
0%
0 0%
2 months
1.64%
1 1.64%
3 momths
8.20%
5 8.20%
6 months
21.31%
13 21.31%
9 months
0%
0 0%
1 year
22.95%
14 22.95%
Other
16.39%
10 16.39%
Never
29.51%
18 29.51%
Total 61 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How often you follow-up with sleep doctor/professional?
RE: How often you follow-up with sleep doctor/professional?
Mines around 18 months but if I can get anway with not seeing him or her then its good for me Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
Was never told anything about coming back. have had no support or follow up.

on a side note i still do not dream..or at least never remember having any..
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 07:41 PM)JMAC Wrote: Was never told anything about coming back. have had no support or follow up.

on a side note i still do not dream..or at least never remember having any..
Hi JMAC
How long have been on the therapy, It doesn't harm to make an appointment to see the sleep doctor even just for a chat how the therapy is going. If your machine is System One then you can use SleepyHead software.
Most of the times I don,t recall my dreams, read that it,s better if don,t remember because one have to wake during the dream to remember Dont-know

Post Reply Post Reply
Voted every 3 months as I had one at 3 months and I just hit my 6-month anniversary and had mt 2nd follow up. Brought both my ResScan and Sleepyhead reports with me. He said everything looked fine and didn't tell me to schedule another follow-up although I do have my annual physical usually around September each year. Is there any kind of minimum requirement for insurance compliance purposes?
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 07:41 PM)JMAC Wrote: Was never told anything about coming back. have had no support or follow up.

Ditto for 4.5 years. Until I discovered this Forum, I had no clue that was necessary, a good idea, or might result in a better setting on the CPAP. Now I am seeking support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fosco, how can you be unsure of having/using a humidifier. Do you put water into your CPAP reservoir? I would think that the air at 7200' in NM would be very dry!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2012, 10:23 PM)b360155 Wrote: Is there any kind of minimum requirement for insurance compliance purposes?

I think it depends on your insurance company. It seems that if you "rent to own" the machine, i.e. a monthly payment for 12 or 13 months, then it's yours, your insurance company wants data that states you are compliant.

Compliant = using the machine at least 4 hours most nights.

I've been on cpap for 14 weeks now. My DME occasionally sends me a new data card. I need to mail the old one back so that they can check that I'm compliant. I'm sure this will stop when I hit the 12th or 13th month. Maybe even sooner. I don't know what my insurance company's requirements are for continuing to pay 80% of the cost.

As far as I can tell my insurance company has no requirement for how often to see the doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2012, 04:52 AM)iSnooze Wrote:
(04-01-2012, 10:23 PM)b360155 Wrote: Is there any kind of minimum requirement for insurance compliance purposes?

I think it depends on your insurance company. It seems that if you "rent to own" the machine, i.e. a monthly payment for 12 or 13 months, then it's yours, your insurance company wants data that states you are compliant.

Compliant = using the machine at least 4 hours most nights.

I've been on cpap for 14 weeks now. My DME occasionally sends me a new data card. I need to mail the old one back so that they can check that I'm compliant. I'm sure this will stop when I hit the 12th or 13th month. Maybe even sooner. I don't know what my insurance company's requirements are for continuing to pay 80% of the cost.

As far as I can tell my insurance company has no requirement for how often to see the doctor.

I'm with Aetna and I am under a 10-month "rent to own" program and still have 3 more months of renting before I officially own. So, maybe you're right and that has something to do with it. I do understand about the 4 hour requirement and am happy to say I'm 100% compliant. SHa_clap2

As far as my DME, the only follow-up I've received from them is an automated calling system that calls me every few months and ust tells me whatever replacement part supplies I'm eligible to obtain and asks me if I need to order anything. Such personal service (facetious)! Tongue-out-2 My DME has never asked for or sent me a data card. I guess they must all have their own interests or requirements.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
There are many non-helpful DMEs out there. Fortunately I have one that is actually helpful. When I send my data card in, I write on the accompanying letter that I would like a copy of the report emailed to me and they do it every time. I can also call and ask the technician questions. She'll call me back if she's with a client at that moment. I know the DME exists because it is a business and it makes money, but I think I have a decent one. Not everyone does.
Post Reply Post Reply
Never did.

I was never told by the Sleep Doc or my DME about additional visits or checking in. This was 5 years ago.

After reading this site and others decided to schedule a new sleep study with a different Sleep Study Clinic and a different DME.

I have learned a lot about CPAP in the last 5 years and this time I will be better prepared.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,730 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 527 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 934 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 331 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.