Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How often you wash the headgear?
This poll is closed.
Daily
3.70%
1 3.70%
Weekly
33.33%
9 33.33%
Monthly
11.11%
3 11.11%
3 months
11.11%
3 11.11%
6 months
0%
0 0%
12 months
3.70%
1 3.70%
Other - See my comment
14.81%
4 14.81%
Never
22.22%
6 22.22%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How often you wash the headgear?
I don,t usually wash the headgear (fabric straps) but yesterday removed the clips and throw them in the washing machine with the rest the laundry. last night the velcro attachment of the top strap kept coming off and not sticking properly
Maybe the washing machine is not good idea just hand washing or maybe just replace every year

Post Reply Post Reply
When I do wash my headgear, (which is not very often,) I wash it by hand and I dry it in my CPAP dryer. I find that if I wash it too often, it wears out quicker.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
As needed which is not too often.I think it harms the velcro more if you wash it very often.
Post Reply Post Reply

The Breeze has the solid headgear which never seems to show nastiness. The "halo straps" don't either. It is replaced every 3 months. I wipe the headgear down and clean the rest then put in a ziploc bag for emergencies. I date them and after a year, they get tossed.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wash both my head gear and chin strap weekly, I leave the velcro tabs insitu so they don't get clogged with lint and they are each placed into seperate delicates bags. My Fisher & Paykel washing machine has a handwash cycle, so I select that and it gives a gentle wash and a gentle spin dry. After washing I leave them to air dry for the rest of the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not yet - its only been 4 months...
Post Reply Post Reply

I dont think I ever have,I get a new one every 6 months and I got a extra one on line and traded it out on the one that was the most dirty but they don't seem to get to dirty.
Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Berserk! My pillow thinks my headgear is an alien HalfAsleep 15 511 10-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Philips Dreamwear headgear replacement hack? BHappy 15 856 10-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  P-10 Pillows: how to change headgear...? S.L. Ping Beauty 11 459 09-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  New headgear relieving scalp issues okieman 1 190 08-20-2017, 12:44 AM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  The new Airfit F20 headgear and cushions fits Airfit F10? armando.ntg 5 1,292 07-24-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  F20 mask attachment to headgear ? Mortis03 21 1,556 07-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Gary1of2
  Headgear change out frequency CPAPreturnee 10 672 07-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2