Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How safe is OSCAR
Question 
How safe is OSCAR
Long time user of sleepyhead, sorry to see it go. Has all of the major bugs out of OSCAR yet. Sleepyhead still works, is it safe to make the move yet? what do anyone think?

Please help..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How safe is OSCAR
IMHO, yes, go ahead, switch to OSCAR.

We had issues that we fixed in day #1 with the install.

Since then we have fixed (will be in the next release) about 100 issues that still exist in SleepyHead.  We have also added several enhancements.
If you need help, it will be a lot easier to help you with OSCAR than with SleepyHead.

In the end it is your choice.
Post Reply Post Reply
My first use of OSCAR was a while ago and there were some issues. Tried it again tonight and those are gone. I really liked SH but I've now moved on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know why but I still download to both as well as ReScan. After the wait on ReScan to download everything else seems fast. Haven't looked at data on anything but Oscar so will just download to it at some stage. I only do ReScan in case I ever need it for some doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2019, 04:20 AM)holden4th Wrote: My first use of OSCAR was a while ago and there were some issues. Tried it again tonight and those are gone. I really liked SH but I've now moved on.

I have a feeling you're going to love the next release of OSCAR.  Those guys have been working their tails off fixing all sorts of issues and also improving a whole bunch 'o stuff.

OSCAR = Banana
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks For the information. I guess I will bite the bullet and give it a try.

Muddpa
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is well-supported in the current versions of both Sleepyhead and Oscar. The next version of OSCAR is right around the corner, and will be a major improvement for Philips Dreamstation machines like yours. Install now or later. The upgrade process is painless and will not overwrite Sleepyhead and will save all data, so you can use both if you want.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philips DreamStation - Modo seguro (safe mode) Dodo8 3 1,077 06-05-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.