Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: How supportive is your partner
This poll is closed.
We both have own CPAP and sleep in same bedroom
21.43%
6 21.43%
We both have own CPAP and sleep in separate bedroom
0%
0 0%
My partner is supportive and sleep in the same bedroom
64.29%
18 64.29%
My partner is supportive and sleep in separate bedroom
7.14%
2 7.14%
My partner is not supportive and sleep in the same bedroom
3.57%
1 3.57%
My partner is not supportive and sleep in separate bedroom
0%
0 0%
My partner walked out on me
0%
0 0%
I have no partner
3.57%
1 3.57%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How supportive is your partner
How supportive is your partner
This poll first posted in our old forum
More often it is the partners who first notices when one,s is snoring or stop breathing during the night and encourage their partners to see the doctor.

Please vote in the poll, then add a reply if you wish to comment further.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How supportive is your partner
My wife is supportive, but sometimes she nags.... er... I mean reminds me to turn around so the air from my CPAP mask doesn't blow on her. A pillow between me and her usually does the trick. Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My fiancee suggested I be checked out for sleep apnea as I used to snore loudly and she would often get up in the middle of the night and go to another bedroom to sleep. She also said that I would stop breathing for periods and then make sounds of gasping for air. Told my physician about this during an annual physical, he sent me to a sleep center and I was confirmed to have moderate sleep apnea. Started CPAP therapy 9/30/11 and no more snoring since then and my fiancee and I BOTH sleep much better and in the same room now ALWAYS!Sleep-well
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
twin duelin' cpap's all the way. we have been inseperable bookends since we first met. when we first met we had 2 of everything and mostly same models so it was fitting that we wound up with identical cpap's. i was diagnosed before we met but got the cpap after we met. i was diagnosed because i told the doctor pretty much that i was sick and tired of being sick and tired. my wife showed no visible signs of apnea. she went in the cath lab for a look inside her heart where she was put under. after the procedure, the cardiologist suggested seeing a sleep doctor. she also has RLS so we don't know if he saw signs of apnea or RLS or both.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife was the person who convinced me that I had a sleep problem, because she noticed that I would stop breathing in the middle of the night. The reason she now sleeps in a separate bedroom is that she sleeps with an open window and a high-powered fan blowing on her. Loco :grin:
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband rarely complained about my snoring before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea although I heard it was loud. I wouldn't know. I slept through it. He has been super about the entire process and he is still supportive.
Post Reply Post Reply
My wife was the one who convinced me to get help, she is very supportive.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2012, 11:49 AM)bobg1946 Wrote: The reason she now sleeps in a separate bedroom is that she sleeps with an open window and a high-powered fan blowing on her. Loco :grin:

I'm the same way, at least in the summer time. Always have to have fresh air with the window open and if it's above 75 degrees F, I have a small fan blowing directly on me when I sleep. Wife hasn't moved to a separate room because of that... so far. Too-funny

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Time after time I would lay there listening to my wife not breathing and wondering if she would ever start again. Finally I convinced her to see someone about it. I went along for moral support, but as I sat there listening to the doctor questioning her i found myself mentally answering "yes" to virtually every question he asked. After he was finished with her I questioned him some about my responses and he suggested that I do a study as well to find out for certain. Result? We both had our study done the same night (wouldn't let us share a room though) and we got our his 'n hers S9's the same day.

Now the biggest problem we have is that sometime during the night, we are each blasting the other with exhaust air, lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
Partners that CPAP together stay together.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Partner is struggling with CPAP Couchpartner12 9 1,042 11-18-2022, 12:38 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Question for my partner's father (85 year old) 26 AHI treatment? sndraco 0 564 01-28-2022, 02:30 PM
Last Post: sndraco
  Mask attachment to redirect vented air away from partner? pgw78 3 1,514 01-28-2021, 11:06 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Ohmy [Equipment] Air deflector for partner protection against air stream AtomicLuft 5 2,787 02-11-2019, 11:41 PM
Last Post: CB91710
Sad New Bed Partner - Disturbed Sleep DreamBreather 14 2,379 01-24-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: DreamBreather
Thumbsup Update on my partner recently diagnosed. yazwayne 3 1,392 09-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Diagnosis] Worried partner asking for help yazwayne 19 3,326 07-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.