Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Australians Only Resmed App
Question 
Australians Only Resmed App
Does anyone here use the Resmed myAir app on their apple or android devices? The only reason I ask is because I can't find it in the play store or apple store..does it come under a different name or does it not work in Australia? Just the web site?

TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Australians Only Resmed App
Hello to a fellow Gold Coaster

I believe that it's not available in Australia.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there fella Goldie....ok thanks..but surely it would show up in the store....never mind though..one day. Cheers!

(10-19-2016, 03:56 AM)holden4th Wrote: Hello to a fellow Gold Coaster

I believe that it's not available in Australia.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is a thing called geoblocking. Baiscally the internet websites and servers generally know what region you are located in and can show you different content a acordingly. I would guess they use this at the playstore to ensure that they can control what country the apps are avaliable in.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually, good thought.....just as a tryout I might put my vpn on both apple and android devices and see!

(10-19-2016, 06:20 AM)MrEGuy Wrote: There is a thing called geoblocking. Baiscally the internet websites and servers generally know what region you are located in and can show you different content a acordingly. I would guess they use this at the playstore to ensure that they can control what country the apps are avaliable in.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thats a start, they could also be using account settings, details you supplied when youbsigned up or even sneaky meta data to determin your location. Its worth a play around to find out. Maybe you can figure it out for all the others here.
Post Reply Post Reply
vpn alone isn't working so yes, the other things you mention are coming into play, I would actually guess it's the info you give when you first sign up so not really much one can do about that. Will just have to wait and hope they make it for Oz in the future
Post Reply Post Reply
I managed to install the app from a us account ( I'm in Denmark)
But on initial startup you have to register your Airsense 10's serial number, and the registretion returned an error saying that my serialnumber was not from a US RedMed machine.
So no luck using the app yet here in Denmark :-(
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Australians - importing from USA - experiences? bernie01 39 6,079 01-22-2019, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  Australians Not Well Served for CPAP holden4th 26 5,332 03-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Last Post: JamesW
  Renegade Australians archangle 2 1,634 12-12-2014, 07:23 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.