Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to Backup Oscar for Fresh OS Install
How to Backup Oscar for Fresh OS Install
I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and planning a fresh install with lubuntu 22.04.  I plan to update to the new version of Oscar as well.  How do I make sure I backup and transfer necessary Oscar files?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to Backup Oscar for Fresh OS Install
In your home directory/Documents folder, you will find the OSCAR_Data folder. This needs to be backed-up and reloaded after a fresh install. I'm guessing that you may have a bunch of stuff in the Documents folder you may want to back up as well.

On a side note, if you use Thunderbird as your email program, you can back up the ".thunderbird" folder too. This will eliminate you having to reenter all your email addresses. If you haven't already done so, you will need to all the viewing of hidden files to see this puppy.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 49 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 96 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR Windows Portable No-Install CraigKevin 17 2,388 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Ossy01
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 740 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Can't install Oscar. Ficklid22 14 1,576 11-13-2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How To install prisma ts software ? Amir Eid 11 8,222 05-26-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Unable to install Oscar on ubuntu 22.04 BrassCat 2 781 05-17-2023, 07:19 PM
Last Post: BrassCat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.