Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Clone settings from one machine to another via SD card
Clone settings from one machine to another via SD card
I took advantage of Resmed's 20% price drop and bought another S9AutoSet so that I could have a backup machine. On the one I just purchased, I had some different settings put in it to make my therapy better, not that I was having problems, I just thought I could improve upon it. Anyway,I said all that to ask the following question: Can I clone my new settings from my new machine to my old machine via SD card, or do I have to do a few jiggs ans say some incantations to get that to work, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha)?
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Clone settings from one machine to another via SD card
With a Respironics machine there is a way to store the pressure setting onto a SD card, but then if you ever want to change that pressure you'll have to also change it on the SD card. It's not worth the hassle.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If they are identical machines I would think you could transfer the settings from the old to the new. Don't think the machines can tell the difference between memory chips. It might transfer the historical data, too.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
But only if the settings are kept on the card. Yes, a history of them may be, but the actual "when reading this, do this" may not be on there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all so much for the replies.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 96 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Central apnea, graphs' meaning and ASV machine settings GT26 4 248 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: GT26
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 324 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help with initial settings for cpap machine jtrops 11 798 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,191 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Help with machine settings ttwhite1 19 1,308 10-25-2023, 02:45 PM
Last Post: ttwhite1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.