Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to Convert Fixed Bipap Settings to Auto Bipap Ranges?
How to Convert Fixed Bipap Settings to Auto Bipap Ranges?
The results of my sIeep study are severe OSA, the AHI is 67. The Doc prescribed bilevel pressures of 26 and 22. I have just received a Respironic Bipap AutoSV Advanced. It came with the pressures fixed at 26 and 22 (EVAPmin = EVAPmax = 22). Can someone help figure how to determine the pressure ranges (PSmin, PSmax, EVAPmin, EVAPmax, MAX pressure) to take advantage of the auto-titrating capabilites of this machine?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to Convert Fixed Bipap Settings to Auto Bipap Ranges?
Hi string
It,s not like like APAP just set a range lower and higher than the 95% percentile or titrated pressure.
I don,t use BIPAP, May be BIPAP user can chime but i think you need to speak with your doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2012, 07:03 PM)string Wrote: The results of my sIeep study are severe OSA, the AHI is 67. The Doc prescribed bilevel pressures of 26 and 22. I have just received a Respironic Bipap AutoSV Advanced. It came with the pressures fixed at 26 and 22 (EVAPmin = EVAPmax = 22). Can someone help figure how to determine the pressure ranges (PSmin, PSmax, EVAPmin, EVAPmax, MAX pressure) to take advantage of the auto-titrating capabilites of this machine?

Thanks!

Hi string, welcome! I agree with zonk, you probably need to touch base with your doctor or maybe your Respiratory Therapist on some of these issues. If you don't have it, you might want to request the Clinician Setup Manual for your machine on this page:

http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm

The manual is really going to give you some good information on how to setup your machine appropriately. Again, with an auto servo ventilation machine, it's probably best to check with your sleep professionals while making any changes to your therapy.

Hopefully some other forum members will be along to help give additional information.

Smile
`
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow those pressures seem high -I wasn't even able to exhale at 20cm -Sounds like you have some great questions for dr..Ask him if you can try the auto mode which sounds like it provides relief as needed and would likely be much less wear a tear on your lungs
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-03-2012, 07:03 PM)string Wrote: The results of my sIeep study are severe OSA, the AHI is 67. The Doc prescribed bilevel pressures of 26 and 22. I have just received a Respironic Bipap AutoSV Advanced. It came with the pressures fixed at 26 and 22 (EVAPmin = EVAPmax = 22). Can someone help figure how to determine the pressure ranges (PSmin, PSmax, EVAPmin, EVAPmax, MAX pressure) to take advantage of the auto-titrating capabilites of this machine.

Is the machine the older Respironics or the newer Pillips-Respironics? I don't know that his machine has auto-titrating capabilities. I have a PRS1 BiPAP. If I were to uprade to the BiPAP auto I could autotitrate. But the AutoSV is unlike those other BiPAP's. It's more like a ventilator.

If I were you I'd do a little research by downloading and reading both the user manual and the clinician's manual here on Sleep Apnea Board. Find the one matches yours and let us know what you discover. We'll take it from there.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 918 3 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 58 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New Member with new BiPap question Pbeth1 9 134 03-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 616 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.