Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Dreamwear mask setting on A10
Dreamwear mask setting on A10
I use this mask for backup and am getting more used to its nuances and differences from my reliable P10s. There seems to be a difference of opinion on this and other forums about the correct mask setting on the A10 for the Dreamwear and whether to or not to trust the data published by Respironics. So, for all of you Dreamwear A10 users - do you use the nasal mask or nasal pillows setting (assuming it matters and that is an entirely different discussion already covered elsewhere)?
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear mask setting on A10
Just went back to my Dreamwear last night so know this answer! The mask setting is found in the instruction book that came with my mask--X1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, X1 is correct if using a PR machine, but for a ResMed A10, I think it should be set to nasal not nasal pillow.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I use that mask (infrequent), I switch to nasal mask from nasal pillows (for the P10's). No idea, of course, what that really does, but when I was first trying the mask out, I got really good leak numbers but slightly higher AHI. I hadn't changed that setting initially, so I did a bit of googling and found that most were considering it a nasal mask. Stats didn't really change immediately, though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal mask is what I thought but it is not a traditional nasal mask since it doesn't cover the nose. It seems more like pillows which is why I asked the question. I have mine set to nasal mask for now.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 160 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,203 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 296 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 389 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.