Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] How to Disconnect a CPAP Hose
How to Disconnect a CPAP Hose
Quite a few people find it hard to disconnect a CPAP hose from time to time. I think I've found the best technique.

Here's my wiki on How to Disconnect a CPAP Hose

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to Disconnect a CPAP Hose
While your at it, just started using my Resmed S9 Autoset and am using the standard hose, it also came with a "climate line" hose, any tips how to connect it to the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Muntineer. The Climateline hose only connects to the humidifier, not to the main blower. Just under the connector in the back of the humidifier is an electrical connector covered by a plastic cap. Pull off the cap, plug the hose into the connector then twist 90 degrees so the electrical connectors on the hose click into the contacts on the humidifier. Easier to do than explain. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-28-2014, 07:03 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Muntineer. The Climateline hose only connects to the humidifier, not to the main blower. Just under the connector in the back of the humidifier is an electrical connector covered by a plastic cap. Pull off the cap, plug the hose into the connector then twist 90 degrees so the electrical connectors on the hose click into the contacts on the humidifier. Easier to do than explain. Smile
Thanks for that, ah the plastic cap, that's what had me bamboozled, couldn't work out where it was all going to fit in! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You really have to be careful on that H5i humidifier. I think one of the weak points in that design is the plastic 22mm nipple and plastic lock ring.
It's easy to replace if broken -- but only if you can get the parts.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember to "Break a Branch" .. hold the hose connectors and pretend you are breaking a stick in half, this is how I was taught to disconnect my mask hose from the hose to the machine. The hose will disconnect with very little effort doing it this way.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 642 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,560 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.