Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to Increase Text Size in OSCAR Statistics Report
RE: How to Increase Text Size in OSCAR Statistics Report
If I remember correctly the font size for printing the Statistics report was not user adjustable. It prints out at a font size of 7 (or 9???).
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are right.  If it is possible to enlarge the text size for printing, I was unable to learn how to do it.

I’m still having this issue from my failed attempts:  But I created another problem … I doubled the text size under the APPEARANCE tab under DETAILS at APPLICATION, and it won’t allow me to reset the text size to what it was originally … it is keeping it doubled after I reset it.  How do I reset it to its original value?
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE: I fixed it. The CANCEL and OK buttons were not displaying at the bottom of the screen after the text size increase, so I was leaving that screen without pressing OK to save my changes.
Thank you for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff is correct -- the font size on the printed report is not adjustable. It is calculated based on the width of the print area on the paper, and thus is larger when printing in landscape mode. (It gets even larger if you print landscape on legal-sized paper.) Another issue is that the font is always sized so that a monthly rather than standard report will fit. The font is always set to Helvetica because there is no platform-independent way in QT to find what fonts are available on a printer and every printer we know of supports Helvetica.

We are always interested in seeing PDF samples from different platforms to see how well the sizing is, or isn't, working.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
The font size is almost impossible to adjust. The recommendation to print in PDF FORMAT first then print that, results in the same out put....very small print. Especially for the monthly sleep data report. 

Sleepyhead was much much better when it came to printing the reports. Perhaps the developers can have a look at that and bring the same time of print/report format over to OSCAR, so that we can read/print out reports and give them to our Doctors without apologising for the super small font. 

I know the developers do an excellent job, and I want to say thankyou, but if you could look at this problem, it would be mightily appreciated.

With thanks. 

Petros
Post Reply Post Reply
BestDreamYet,

Best you can do for now is print it Landscape on Legal sized paper (8.5" x 14").  That will print with the fonts a little larger and make it easier to read.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you show us what the printout looks like? Print to PDF and attach the PDF to a post here if you want more privacy, upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the pdf file name so we know who the file is from.

Let us know what OS you are running and version, and what printer and model.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so glad you asked this question.  I have the same problem with my Microsoft Surface.  I think OSCAR dislikes UHD smallish screens.  I can get it to alter the size of the font, but it does so in all screens when all I really want is the statistics screen font to be bigger.  Also, all the settings as far as fonts seem linked, so if you set the first line to 10, it will reset the rest to the default.  My solution has been to switch to a larger external monitor for viewing. Obviously, not ideal.
Post Reply Post Reply
For your UHD problem, see if this link helps: go to the OSCAR Troubleshooting Wiki and see the section on "OSCAR Graphics Problems."

Let us know if this resolves your problem.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
OMG! Thank you! I can read everything now! BTW, I am running Windows 11 and it works for that too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 197 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,551 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 324 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,337 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,742 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 620 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 590 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.