Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to Increase Text Size in OSCAR Statistics Report
RE: How to Increase Text Size in OSCAR Statistics Report
(05-19-2022, 10:37 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: BestDreamYet,

Best you can do for now is print it Landscape on Legal sized paper (8.5" x 14").  That will print with the fonts a little larger and make it easier to read.

Hello Jeff, 

Yes, I've tried that too. The font remains the same - (ohhh, that sounds like the beginnings of a new song), without success. I've tried all sorts of permutations of printing formats/layout and increasing the scale it cuts out most of the report. I've never see that happen before on a document, printing from the PDF file. Most strange.

BDY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2022, 01:35 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Could you show us what the printout looks like? Print to PDF and attach the PDF to a post here if you want more privacy, upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the pdf file name so we know who the file is from.

Let us know what OS you are running and version, and what printer and model.

Hello Guy,

Files sent to your drop box. I am using MacOS Monterey, latest version on a MacMini. The printer is a HP Photosmart 5520.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received your files. Thank you.

You say you get the same font size when printing landscape as when printing in portrait mode. By print in Portrait mode, I mean select File/Print Report, then specify Landscape in your printer's print dialog (or use a different printer definition to change paper orientation -- whatever is required on the Mac). You get the same font size when you do that?

I just ran a test and confirmed that portrait and landscape modes have significantly different font sizes and readability with Windows and an HP LaserJet and US Letter-size paper.

It looks like you are using A4 paper; is that correct? Since A4 is narrower and longer than Letter, I would have expected landscape mode to show an even more striking difference in font size than with Letter.

I'd like to ask you to run a test for me: Print in portrait mode, then print in landscape mode. Next, close and restart OSCAR. Use Help / Troubleshooting / Create zip of OSCAR diagnostic logs. Upload the zip file to my Dropbox folder as before. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Guy,

Correct it is A4 paper. Unfortunately we don't do letter on this side of the world. Done as you suggested and forwarded to your drop box.

Many thanks once again for looking into this.
Post Reply Post Reply
The log shows that the Portrait page was printed with 9-point Helvetica while the Landscape page was printed with 13-point Helvetica. So the font should have been noticeably larger when you printed in landscape mode. Certainly when I print the PDF files you sent, the font size is larger on the landscape than the portrait page. Are you saying it isn't different for you?

I am getting some A4 paper tomorrow so I can test that size specifically. I'll get back to you after those tests..
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have printed portrait and landscape on A4 paper with a HP Laserjet printer. In my case, 9-pt Helvetica was used for portrait and 12-pt for landscape. The printed font size is noticeably different. The PDF files you sent me showed similar font sizes: 9-pt and 13-pt. (The difference between your numbers and mine is some combination of OS differences in printer support or margin differences on the printers.)

It looks to me like OSCAR is sizing the font as intended for printing in portrait vs landscape orientation.

Now if you are saying that the selected font sizes could be larger, that's a different issue. It was a challenge to develop a font-sizing algorithm that would provide satisfactory results on all platforms with all printers, and with all variations on what fonts printers supported. There have been others who raised the question of font size on the printed Statistics report, but printing in landscape mode seems to have always worked for them.

Please let us know if landscape oriented printing gives you a larger font size as your PDF file suggests it should.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 159 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Seeking help with O2 report/OSCAR ejbpesca 26 1,478 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Statistics page, changes to device settings area, FL always shows 0.00? DancesWithCats 1 281 01-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [BUG report] OSCAR v1.5.1 Skalou 10 1,284 12-03-2023, 02:58 PM
  First OSCAR Report - Leak Rate jfkaess 11 1,684 11-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  OSCAR Statistics Page SingingWolf 4 584 11-04-2023, 02:26 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf
Question Change Statistics view default to Monthly instead of Standard? retro 4 563 10-06-2023, 07:45 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.