Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Mask Device Compatibility - Res Med
Mask Device Compatibility - Res Med
Because we have so many new members and some older ones (like me) trying new masks I thought it might be helpful to have this mask compatibility and settings guide from ResMed in one convenient place.  Until I just searched for a setting I needed I didn't know it even existed.  Here it is.

.pdf   1017959r11_mask-device_compatibility-list_amer_eng.pdf (Size: 184.17 KB / Downloads: 222)
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Device Compatibility - Res Med
Great info. Thanks. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A very poorly prepared table.
According to the legend ONLY the masks marked with a check mark are "Compatible"

Now why don't I believe that?  

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks you for the list.
I've been using Dreamwear with ResMed which is not on the list and have wondered whether I should set machine for pillows or nasal mask.
Sometimes I use F20 FFM for various reasons like URI.
Maybe I'm not picky but I don't subjectively notice much difference on any of the settings. I have not reviewed them on Sleepyhead.

Once I switched from Dreamwear to full face mask in middle of night but did not want to wake myself enough to switch the machine.  I noticed the Auto Start would not kick in until I held my fingers over the exhaust holes above the safety valves for a few breaths.

So my questions are:
1. Are the mask settings mainly for autostart?
2. Do they (also?) help the Resmed determine the proper leak allowance for it's total leak calculation.
3. Anything else they do?
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
I had heard from many sources that it was critical to set the correct mask setting.

I have a ReMed VAUTO and I tried a test with a Airfit P10 mask. I checked both the Full Face Mask setting and the pillow setting.

The only difference I saw was the leaks reported.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
As a PSA, I will make note that the ResMed N10 and N20 Nasal Masks should be set to Pillows.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour - To be sure the table is incomplete. For instance, the Dreamwear and Brevida, both masks I use, are not listed. But for those using any of the masks listed I think its a great guide for instant info.

Robermax - As far as the Dreamwear settings go for the Resmed A10, its nasal for the Dreamwear without the pillows cushions and its pillows for the Dreamwear with the pillows cushions. I believe the settings are intended for leak calculations and that is it but someone feel free to correct me it that is inaccurate.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
sonicboom:
thanks for your comments.
I was thinking about the Dreamwear cushion vs pillows same as you but I note that the exhalation vent seems to be exactly the same on the pillows and cushions.  So as long as mask is not leaking I don't know how the machine could sense any difference between these fittings nor how they would respond any differently to pressure or flow.

I am interested in Brevida vs Dreamwear. I love the Dreamwear cushion- best mask in 20 years for me since I can grind my face into the pillow and it generally stays on.  Unfortunately lately have been getting a sore at the bottom of my septum ( I recently learned this is called the columella). 
I have tried (and have kept) F20 which also came in useful when I had a cold.
Have tried Dreamwear pillows which takes pressure off the columella but is less comfortable for me.
So was thinking of the Brevida- it seems it would stay in place with me when I roll onto my side or stomach. Has it been stable for you when you move?

Thanks for your input.
Didn't mean to hijack thread, though!

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
No worries on the hijack. Mods will move it if necessary. There are a number of good threads on the Brevida. Just put it in a search. The Brevida mask indeed stays in place for me much better in that regard than the P10s or Dreamwear. It has adjustable head straps that help keep things in place. Doesn't move for me at all even at light tension of the straps. Give it a try.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'

Post Reply Post Reply
Just remember, it is just a guide!
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 974 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 364 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 405 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 326 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] INGESTIBLE MIT DEVICE TO DETECT OSA? srlevine1 1 355 11-20-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Been struggling with my device, would appreciate some advice pamphlet 7 896 09-16-2023, 02:10 AM
Last Post: pamphlet

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.