Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VPAP III additional settings
VPAP III additional settings
Dear Members please I had a power fluctuation recently and it destroyed the power pack for my VPAP III. I was able to fix the power pack locally and machine is now working but all the settings have been erased. I have been able to redo the settings for the EPAP and IPAP pressure settings because I knew what they were from my original device document.

The challenge I am having is that there are additional settings required which I do not have information on. I also need to do a reset as well for the IPAPmin and IPAPmax and also Rise time as well as the Trigger Settings and Cylce settings.

Is there a way anyone on this forum can help with this. what I need are indicative settings for someone with air pressure of about EPAP:13 and IPAP:17 so i can start with this and tweak accordingly.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VPAP III additional settings
(06-17-2014, 12:06 PM)Kneeyowtee Wrote: Dear Members please I had a power fluctuation recently and it destroyed the power pack for my VPAP III. I was able to fix the power pack locally and machine is now working but all the settings have been erased. I have been able to redo the settings for the EPAP and IPAP pressure settings because I knew what they were from my original device document.

Both your doctor and whoever sold it to you should have a record of the settings. They should be able to tell you what it was.

Post Reply Post Reply
I can give you the settings from my S8 VPAP auto running in Spontaneous (bi-level) mode if that is any help. If my experience is any indication, the other settings have been left at the factory settings. I am not sure about the IPAP min and IPAP max. Is the VPAP III an auto machine?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

P.S. On my machine the trigger and cycle settings are "med(ium)" for both bi-level and bi-level auto modes and the rise time is 700ms.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Kneeyowtee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and hopefully, you can get your machine reset.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2014, 12:06 PM)Kneeyowtee Wrote: Dear Members please I had a power fluctuation recently and it destroyed the power pack for my VPAP III. I was able to fix the power pack locally and machine is now working but all the settings have been erased.

I'm about as big a "do-it-yourself" guy as you're likely to find, but if my machine was just fried and lost all it's settings, and it was something as complicated as yours, I'd take it to someone who works with them every day to make sure it's reconfigured properly, and that it actually does what it's supposed to and that it's actually doing what it's configured to do.

My last machine just "blew". I could verify it's operation with a glass of water and a metric ruler. Not sure how you would check a VPAP.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Wanting additional insight on what might be causing me to be so tired relia 4 647 09-27-2023, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.