Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to Not Forget to Put Your SD Card Back Into the Machine
How to Not Forget to Put Your SD Card Back Into the Machine
Gee, it just dawned on me how to not forget to put your SD card back in the machine.

Just open the lid on the humidifier chamber when you take the card out.

Of course, now you have to remember to open the humidifier.

I guess A10 users would have to unlatch their tank to get the same effect.

Next, I'll tell you how to know for sure whether the dishes in the dishwasher are clean or dirty.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to Not Forget to Put Your SD Card Back Into the Machine
You could get that Sleepmaster program and the $20 wireless flashcard. This $20 system will transmit the data from your machine to your computer wirelessly, then automatically open your program of choice and load the new data in it for your viewing. Slick.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or you could put a string on your finger SmileDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 05:35 AM)archangle Wrote: Gee, it just dawned on me how to not forget to put your SD card back in the machine.

My problem is not how to remember to put the card back in the machine, but rather how to remember to take it out of the computer once I download the stats. The computer is on the floor, where the dogs live. Dogs know how to take SD cards out of SD card adapters. Dogs like to chew on SD cards.

(03-21-2015, 05:49 AM)player Wrote: You could get that Sleepmaster program and the $20 wireless flashcard. This $20 system will transmit the data from your machine to your computer wirelessly, then automatically open your program of choice and load the new data in it for your viewing. Slick.

I have one of those. I thought maybe I would like it. Unfortunately I would either have to install a wireless adapter on my computer, or use my laptop for the process. Even though I have boxes of wireless adapters it seems like a lot of trouble, so I'd rather just continue taking the card from the machine to the doggie port on the computer.

Post Reply Post Reply
There's gotta be a use for duck tape somewhere in here...
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 11:19 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 05:35 AM)archangle Wrote:

(03-21-2015, 05:49 AM)player Wrote: You could get that Sleepmaster program and the $20 wireless flashcard. This $20 system will transmit the data from your machine to your computer wirelessly, then automatically open your program of choice and load the new data in it for your viewing. Slick.

I have one of those. I thought maybe I would like it. Unfortunately I would either have to install a wireless adapter on my computer, or use my laptop for the process. Even though I have boxes of wireless adapters it seems like a lot of trouble, so I'd rather just continue taking the card from the machine to the doggie port on the computer.

I thought the card would come with a little USB receiver like a wireless mouse comes with...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi All,

I did the Wireless SD card / SleepMaster change, and now I don't have to think about removing or reinstalling the SD card. Another benefit of this approach is to greatly reduce wear and tear on the SD card connector in the machine. I'll bet that replacing a bad connector could be expensive.

I'm all for convenience and consistency!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 05:53 PM)player Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 11:19 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 05:35 AM)archangle Wrote:

I thought the card would come with a little USB receiver like a wireless mouse comes with...

"Out of the box" you need to connect to it directly via WiFi, in which case you do need a computer with a wireless adapter (such as a laptop) but it can also be configured to connect itself to your wireless network (in "station mode"). This is actually much more user friendly as you no longer need to disconnect from your normal WiFi (thus losing internet) and it also allows you to connect to the card via any computer on your network, whether it is wired or wireless.

The only issue I have found with it is that due to the tiny antenna, range is somewhat limited. My machine & card is upstairs in the bedroom and all of my network equipment (including access points) is two floors down in the basement. Initially I could only connect to it directly because the access point was too far away for it to connect to my network. I fixed this by adding an access point to my top floor. It's always on my network and I can access it from any computer in the house.
Post Reply Post Reply
The WiFi SD card is an interesting idea and would save me some aggravation if it works for me. Any particular card I should look for in order to set it up on my network in station mode for my PR REMstar Auto A-Flex? Has anybody been able to get this to work with EncoreBasic in addition to SleepyHead?

"Take it as it comes, specialize in having fun"
-- Jim Morrison
Post Reply Post Reply

Does Sleepmaster work with ResScan? It seems to me that ResScan needs to see the actual SD card before it will import the data.
This space for rent.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,335 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 172 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Back to CPAP for UARS, help interpreting graphs dcg494 2 200 04-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Last Post: dcg494
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,408 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 592 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 1,000 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.