Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Res Scan interpretation
Res Scan interpretation
I finally got the card read and data card for the S8 to work together.

I'm looking on ResScan at last night's detailed data.
On the apnea event graph, there is a number on top of the bar for an event. What does that number mean?

[Image: AHIreport5-6March14redactedannotated.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Res Scan interpretation
(03-06-2014, 03:21 PM)justMongo Wrote: On the apnea event graph, there is a number on top of the bar for an event. What does that number mean?
Duration of apnea in seconds

Post Reply Post Reply
That cluster of events, going up to almost 30 seconds would be something *I* would want to break up.

Something like that would disturb sleep.

Overall your AHI looks good though, what was the value?
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 04:55 PM)herbm Wrote: That cluster of events, going up to almost 30 seconds would be something *I* would want to break up.

The AHI was 7.0 and the AI was 1.9
I'm fairly sure that cluster was during REM sleep. And I did wake up shortly after it.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 04:59 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 04:55 PM)herbm Wrote: That cluster of events, going up to almost 30 seconds would be something *I* would want to break up.

The AHI was 7.0 and the AI was 1.9
I'm fairly sure that cluster was during REM sleep. And I did wake up shortly after it.

you can blame it on the fast driving of that Porsche!Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 04:59 PM)justMongo Wrote: The AHI was 7.0 and the AI was 1.9
If those were my numbers and leak is decent, I would increase my minimum autoset pressure
According to BIPAP titration protocol: wait ... watch... observe ... think ... Coffee
Raise both EPAP and IPAP by 1 cm for obstructive apnea (maintain pressure support)
Raise IPAP by 1cm for partial obstruction
Observe for central apnea but central apnea detection is not available on the S8

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, so that 7+ and cluster indicate you can do better.

If those are APNEA and not Clear Airway events then perhaps a modest increase in your pressure will reduce those.

Talk to your sleep doc if you will or if you are doing it on your own then consider that and decide what is right for you.

I am ignorant of VPAP therapy so do NOT listen to me for changes but work it out for yourself.

Ideally, if you could break up that (or those) cluster(s) you would be down well below 5 and would not have cluster events waking you up.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 03:21 PM)justMongo Wrote: I finally got the card read and data card for the S8 to work together.

On the apnea event graph, there is a number on top of the bar for an event. What does that number mean?
I'm going to guess it is the point at which it matches the scale on the left. Just makes it easier to see when a point intersects between say 10 and 20.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2014, 05:41 PM)steve823 Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 03:21 PM)justMongo Wrote: I finally got the card read and data card for the S8 to work together.

I'm going to guess it is the point at which it matches the scale on the left. Just makes it easier to see when a point intersects between say 10 and 20.
You are correct -- but the vertical axis does not have units. It turns out he units are seconds.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 245 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,181 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Smile How is my OSCAR data looking? Help with interpretation deirdrepen 3 230 02-29-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Inconsistent sleep - OSCAR interpretation dadjackets 2 268 02-21-2024, 11:58 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AutoSV data interpretation assistance needed PappaJoe 21 689 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  [CPAP] Help with data interpretation and pressure settings Strange54 3 364 01-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help with flow limitation interpretation Clementine39 6 447 01-14-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.