Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] ResMed S9 Disassemble
ResMed S9 Disassemble
I want to disassemble my ResMed S9 for cleaning. Anyone know where I can find instructions?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Disassemble
You could check on the top of this Board were it says CPAP Setup manuals , or try the home page of your band of machine,
there www com

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepster,
It seemes to me like I read here on the board, quite some time back about someone disasembling an S9 but I'll be darned if I can find it. I've tried some searches and I'm not coming up with anything. It seems to me like the user's forum name who did this was backman, but I'm not sure about that.
Good luck to you on your quest, sorry I couldn't help.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if there is an S9 service manual in "Private Files and Links" but this thread might helps
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-Machine
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME does it for free once a year. Check with yours first. You will void any warranty if you have any. Meaning out of pocket for a new machine because your insurance will not pay for it if you mess it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started on my S9 Escape earlier this week. You'll need a long torx bit. The one I used for the bottom ring was a T-10 so probably the other three on the bottom are as well. I meant to pick one up today and didn't find one at the Tractor Supply Store. Tomorrow I go to Lowe's for something else and hoped to find one by itself. Or a cheap set.

http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/PaulaO...t=6&page=1
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Tear down with pictures;

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-pictures
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like the fan blades are encased in a shroud that's not removable?

Can anyone verify that? I want to be able to clean them.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Took it apart and found no dust or grease of any kind. Can't find the source of the odor, but I did manage to get the machine back together, and it works! No harm, no foul.

I had a PRS1 that I used for over two years. It had a bad odor and when I took it apart I found a greasy film of fine dust throughout the airway, and on the fan blades.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
They had some information on that and the fan blades as well.... don't know if it helps you but it was there.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.