Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] ResMed S9 Disassemble
RE: ResMed S9 Disassemble
(11-24-2014, 12:13 AM)Galactus Wrote: They had some information on that and the fan blades as well.... don't know if it helps you but it was there.

I didn't believe the poster who said that it's a waste of time to tear down the machine in an attempt to clean it. But, he was right.

My prior experience led me to not believe him. You never know what to believe!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepster,

I am envious of you, you took apart yor Cpap. I have only removed the humidifier tank.

Being an engineer my moto is:If is broke then take it apart and (try) fix it. If is works then take it apart to see why it works Big Grin

Of course it drives my wife crazy when I fiddle (her words) with things.

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2014, 06:34 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(11-24-2014, 12:13 AM)Galactus Wrote: They had some information on that and the fan blades as well.... don't know if it helps you but it was there.

I didn't believe the poster who said that it's a waste of time to tear down the machine in an attempt to clean it. But, he was right.

My prior experience led me to not believe him. You never know what to believe!

You know I have to laugh because when I read his post I thought to myself "what baloney of course it isn't a waste of time..." Now I have two people saying that and I have to fight myself to STILL not want to see it for myself Dielaughing I may have to tie myself to the bed posts!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
After seeing the inside of that PRS1 that stunk me for almost two years I will never assume the inside is clean. These machines are pretty easy to take apart and put back together. They are made to be repaired, but since the parts are so expensive the DIYer will have to keep spare parts on hand. So if you're inclined to do this kind of thing, hang on to your old broken machines. They may come in handy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yes, always good to keep parts (for everything) let's not talk about my basement or garage either Big Grin
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2014, 09:16 PM)Sleepster Wrote: ... These machines are pretty easy to take apart and put back together. They are made to be repaired...

A slight hijack from the ResMed S9... I have an older REMstar Auto M Series (model 510M) which has been getting louder over time. I had been reading a few other pages describing disassembly & cleaning, but was still a bit hesitant to try it myself. Your words encouraged me to take the plunge. All it took was the correct tools (Torx T8 and T10 for this machine) and some patience. I did not find any oil film though there was a fair bit of dust which I was anticipating. Used a strip of rag to run through the blower vanes to loosen the dust then a shop vac to get most of the dust out of the machine. I didn't measure the sound level before/after, but my wife's immediate comment was that it was noticeably quieter. So, all of this to say: Thanks for the encouragement!

Happy Thanksgiving!

--Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2014, 02:33 PM)fahnoe Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 09:16 PM)Sleepster Wrote: ... These machines are pretty easy to take apart and put back together. They are made to be repaired...

A slight hijack from the ResMed S9... I have an older REMstar Auto M Series (model 510M) which has been getting louder over time. I had been reading a few other pages describing disassembly & cleaning, but was still a bit hesitant to try it myself. Your words encouraged me to take the plunge. All it took was the correct tools (Torx T8 and T10 for this machine) and some patience. I did not find any oil film though there was a fair bit of dust which I was anticipating. Used a strip of rag to run through the blower vanes to loosen the dust then a shop vac to get most of the dust out of the machine. I didn't measure the sound level before/after, but my wife's immediate comment was that it was noticeably quieter. So, all of this to say: Thanks for the encouragement!

Happy Thanksgiving!

--Larry
Hi fahnoe,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear you were able to get your machine running more smoothly.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and happy thanksgiving.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.