Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SleepyHead updated yet for 60 Series REMstar? [Patch available, See Post #36]
SleepyHead updated yet for 60 Series REMstar? [Patch available, See Post #36]
I have a Phillips Remstar 560p. Does anyone know if sleepyhead has been updated so I can go over the data that is on my sd card? Or if there is any software that will allow me to view the data on the sd card.

Quote:
Admin Note: this has been fixed with the newest version of SleepyHead, download it here:

http://www.SleepFiles.com/SH/

RE: Just curious
(10-02-2012, 04:23 PM)Nascardave Wrote: I have a Phillips Remstar 560p. Does anyone know if sleepyhead has been updated so I can go over the data that is on my sd card? Or if there is any software that will allow me to view the data on the sd card.
Not yet. . EncoreBasic should work

RE: Just curious - SleepyHead updated yet for 60 Series REMstar?
Hi Dave, I updated your thread title to better reflect your question.

Does anyone know the status of the SleepyHead software currently? Is Mark working at all on updating it to work with the Series 60 REMstars?

Seems like it's been in "hold status" for quite a while now... Dont-know

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(10-02-2012, 06:46 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Does anyone know the status of the SleepyHead software currently? Is Mark working at all on updating it to work with the Series 60 REMstars?
Seems like it's been in "hold status" for quite a while now... Dont-know

The last I heard Mark had to put programming on hold for a bit due to life issues. All that happened with the Series 60 REMStars is that Respironics changed the format of the data. The data is actually just a text file but, because the new format puts the data in different order and formats, SleepyHead can't make heads or tails of it. Mark is aware of this and has samples of the new data format. He just needs time to get to work on it, which he does not have at the moment.

I should also add that SleepyHead is not only free but open source. For those of you accustomed to paying for commercial software, open source means that you can download the source code from Sourceforge and modify it to suit yourself. I believe the license only requires that you contribute back any modificactions you make to the open source community. So if you're a programmer (not me!), go for it.
(10-02-2012, 07:41 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(10-02-2012, 06:46 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Does anyone know the status of the SleepyHead software currently? Is Mark working at all on updating it to work with the Series 60 REMstars?
Seems like it's been in "hold status" for quite a while now... :don't-know:

The last I heard Mark had to put programming on hold for a bit due to life issues. All that happened with the Series 60 REMStars is that Respironics changed the format of the data. The data is actually just a text file but, because the new format puts the data in different order and formats, SleepyHead can't make heads or tails of it. Mark is aware of this and has samples of the new data format. He just needs time to get to work on it, which he does not have at the moment.

I should also add that SleepyHead is not only free but open source. For those of you accustomed to paying for commercial software, open source means that you can download the source code from Sourceforge and modify it to suit yourself. I believe the license only requires that you contribute back any modificactions you make to the open source community. So if you're a programmer (not me!), go for it.

Hi Nascardave

EncoreBasic does work with the Phillips Remstar 560p it is basic but it does work.
I am also waiting for SleepyHead so I am glad you asked because I have been wanting to but have been occupied with new medical findings (just diagnoses with Diabetes's type 2) Angry
Now researching info on Diabetes's & still in the very start of learning has taken most of my time that I spent here.

This Form has been a wealth of info & full of great people.
Cool and that is good to know. Where can I find a link so that i can get encore basic? From what I read it is slow, but I guess being able to read the data is the most important.
I can tell you that EncoreViewer does not work. I am still trying to get my money back from Respironics.
EncoreViewer support machines using smart cards

(10-03-2012, 02:28 PM)Nascardave Wrote: Cool and that is good to know. Where can I find a link so that i can get encore basic? From what I read it is slow, but I guess being able to read the data is the most important.

Hi Nascardave
Have you made any progress with your 60 Series REMstar & software?

I have the same system Respironics 60 Series REMstar C-Flex+
Let me know if I can help.
Sleep-well
Looks like someone made an update for SleepyHead to work with PR System One 60 Series machines. Thanks to Sleepster who posted the link on another thread, but here it is again for those who didn't see it:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...ic/6062334

Scroll down the forum to the link in one of the posts for the zipped up downloadable .exe. file... also, let us know if it works okay for you.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,491 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 731 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,598 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,465 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7
  OSCAR 1.4.0 not loading [solved, see post #2] clayesq 1 579 08-24-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: clayesq
  Oscar Not Loading My Profile [solved, see post #10] mawaw1992 10 1,249 08-22-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar will not show Overview after SD card Replacement [Solved, see post #4] DaKitty 4 760 05-04-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.