Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] To Marnid2014: How to Interpret your Leak Data
RE: To Marnid2014: How to Interpret your Leak Data
Marnid,

With those AHI numbers, why did the doc increase the pressure?????

Seems to me that going back to a pressure of 6cm is a VERY reasonable thing to do. Just monitor the AHI carefully though. If these leak numbers are typical of what you get at 6cm, leaks really aren't much of an issue for you at that pressure---at least when you're taping (if you were taping on these nights.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2014, 01:45 PM)robysue Wrote: Marnid,

With those AHI numbers, why did the doc increase the pressure?????

Seems to me that going back to a pressure of 6cm is a VERY reasonable thing to do. Just monitor the AHI carefully though. If these leak numbers are typical of what you get at 6cm, leaks really aren't much of an issue for you at that pressure---at least when you're taping (if you were taping on these nights.)

I did not need to tape, I just wore the chin strap as well as the Swift LT for her. Today I called the DME and told them I need new pillows for that mask and I want them to put the machine back down to 6 and then I will monitor.

I spoke with a Resp. Tech and he totally agrees with your analogy and said ResMed needs to go back to school about their idea that the 95% means ABOVE that it actually means BELOW, so what the heck? Obviously they don't have a clue.

The reason they put it up to 8 was mine, I remember that I thought I had an apnea episode one day and thought that I needed to have it adjusted. I think I jumped the gun, I would have to go back and see what that night looked like, I know that this was all after the titration fiasco of making me sleep on my back, and being on pressure 17. It threw me for a loop. My doctor had told me that I could decided for myself between 6 to 12 and see how I felt.

Anyway, they are going to bring me new pillows, x small, small and medium and actually told me that they WISH more people would take control of their bodies and use their brain rather than just letting someone dictate to them what is and what isn't. Thanks again, I hope this whole thing will help someone else and certainly if you want to post this as a sticky to help someone else understand these numbers, you have my permission to do so. Maybe someone will just read that and get it? THANKS

Post Reply Post Reply
I went back to the Swift LT for her and this morning, my numbers were GREAT

AHI 0.34
MIN 0
MEDIAN 0
95 % 12.00
MAX 14.40

I used a Chin strap and also taped a bit. I will not tape tonight and see if that works. I will then try lower pressure back to 6 after a week and then see if I can go back to the P10???? What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you had a good night........ So you want to change it because????
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2014, 11:58 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I think you had a good night........ So you want to change it because????

The reason was that with pressure 6, my numbers were even better, and I want to try the P10 mask again at a lower pressure. I am really claustrophobic so the lighter mask is wonderful, but at pressure 8 I was getting leaks. I am hoping that I can wear the other mask, but if not, I will just use the Swift.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2014, 11:52 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I went back to the Swift LT for her and this morning, my numbers were GREAT

AHI 0.34
MIN 0
MEDIAN 0
95 % 12.00
MAX 14.40

I used a Chin strap and also taped a bit. I will not tape tonight and see if that works. I will then try lower pressure back to 6 after a week and then see if I can go back to the P10???? What do you think?
Marnid,

If you can get these numbers with the the Swift LT and the chinstrap, then you should able to get similar numbers with the AirFit P10 mask and the chinstrap.

But don't throw the LT away just yet. For all the rave reviews of the P10, there are always a handful of people for whom any given mask just won't work. Once you have the P10, you probably will find it very much to your liking---it is far lighter on the face than the LT. Most people absolutely love the P10, but some people do find the one-size-fits-all headgear just isn't working for them.

For what it's worth, I'm currently trying out the P10 myself. My usual mask is a Swift FX, which is similar to the LT, but has a softer silicone headgear. My initial impressions about the P10 are mixed, but I can see why almost everyone who tries it loves this mask. The exhaust vents are fantastic---they are utterly silent AND there's no get stream of exhaust flow. And that fixes the primary problem I have with the FX. But my nose is not yet convinced the P10 is as comfortable as the FX is, and I simply need a bit more time to sort that question out for my particular nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-03-2014, 03:18 PM)robysue Wrote:
(04-03-2014, 11:52 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I went back to the Swift LT for her and this morning, my numbers were GREAT

AHI 0.34
MIN 0
MEDIAN 0
95 % 12.00
MAX 14.40

Marnid,

If you can get these numbers with the the Swift LT and the chinstrap, then you should able to get similar numbers with the AirFit P10 mask and the chinstrap.

But don't throw the LT away just yet. For all the rave reviews of the P10, there are always a handful of people for whom any given mask just won't work. Once you have the P10, you probably will find it very much to your liking---it is far lighter on the face than the LT. Most people absolutely love the P10, but some people do find the one-size-fits-all headgear just isn't working for them.

For what it's worth, I'm currently trying out the P10 myself. My usual mask is a Swift FX, which is similar to the LT, but has a softer silicone headgear. My initial impressions about the P10 are mixed, but I can see why almost everyone who tries it loves this mask. The exhaust vents are fantastic---they are utterly silent AND there's no get stream of exhaust flow. And that fixes the primary problem I have with the FX. But my nose is not yet convinced the P10 is as comfortable as the FX is, and I simply need a bit more time to sort that question out for my particular nose.

Agreed. It sure is comfy, but I will see how it works out with the lower pressure. I was having a lot of leaks before, but we will see. I am very happy about the numbers from the LT and might try the FX as well. Thanks so much for all your help.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 1 28 30 minutes ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 2 56 5 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 2 53 11 hours ago
Last Post: FriedRice
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 79 Yesterday, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 611 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
Sad [Treatment] UARS with Aerophagia and a High Leak Rate, what next? Adam0410 9 389 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.