Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to Turn Off Heating on the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine
How to Turn Off Heating on the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine
I switched from the Philips Respironics Dreamstation CPAP machine to the ResMed AirSense 10 shortly after I received the recall notice about my Dreamstation. I’ve been using it about 3 months now and the one issue that really, really bothers me is that the humidification water gets so warm that my entire body gets drenched and sweaty night after night and I wake up quite uncomfortable and quite frequently because of how warm it gets. I like the humidification so my mouth doesn’t get so dry during therapy but the heat makes me sweat profusely. Is there any way to turn the heating temperature part down or off completely without turning off the humidification so I can sleep cooler and not continue to wake up throughout the night feeling so warm and drenched with sweat? This was never an issue with the Dreamstation and I did use humidification with that machine also. Any advice on how and if adjustments can be made to turn down the heat without turning off the humidification altogether? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to Turn Off Heating on the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine
Are you using Climate Control Auto or Manual?  Below are brief descriptions of each.  

Order a Clinicians Manual here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Climate Control Auto
Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting. Climate Control Auto is designed to make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity settings.
The Tube Temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).

Climate Control Manual
Designed to offer more flexibility and control over settings, Climate Control Manual lets the patient adjust the temperature and humidity to the setting which is most comfortable for them.
In Climate Control Manual, the Tube Temperature and the Humidity Level can be set independently however, rainout protection is not guaranteed. If rainout does occur, first try increasing the tube temperature. If the air temperature becomes too warm and rainout continues, try decreasing the humidity.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never seen these settings on my machine. I have a regular slimline tubing for my machine and not the climate line air tubing so why is it so warm to the point I am waking up with moisture all over me? I never had sweating like this with my Dreamstation machine. Is there a way I can change these settings in the clinical mode? Sorry, I am still getting used to this new ResMed machine and getting to know my way around the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
To make changes to these settings you will need to enter the clinical menu. Just hold down the control knob and home button at the same time. Enter the settings menu and scroll down to comfort. The menu options for climate control are Manual or Auto. Select Manual. You can then scroll to Humidity Level. This can be set to Off or settings 1-8. Choose the setting that you want. Lower numbers mean less heat and humidity, and you can select off if you want to use "passive humidification" which is just air blowing over the water chamber with no heat added. This link shows how to access this menu. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 09:55 AM)jennie54 Wrote: I have a regular slimline tubing for my machine and not the climate line air tubing so why is it so warm to the point I am waking up with moisture all over me?

Sorry, I didn't notice you were not using a heated tube.

I just removed the heated tube from my ResMed and inserted a slimline tubing and you are correct... there were no setting options for ClimateLine, which makes sense.

I think you will have to experiment with the humidity settings.
Try lowering it one notch at a time until you feel comfortable without being hot. Or as Sleeprider said, you can select "off" if you want to use "passive humidification". This would still give you humidity without heat.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Or as Sleeprider said, you can select "off" if you want to use "passive humidification". This would still give you humidity without heat.

^^^^^^^This is what I do!
 I do not like breathing warm or hot air.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 405 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,725 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 300 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.