Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Twice a year clock change
RE: Twice a year clock change
There are a couple of time zones on the 15 minute (or 45), and one that isn't one some odd time since they insist that time is still based on their capital city (Nepal I believe.)
(Unless some of this has changed in the last couple of years.)

I time mastered one of the largest banks in the world a few years ago (for Windows servers) and learned far to much about this.

When I first started using my machine in January, I lost a session or two, apparently due to correcting the time on the machine (probably that setting it backwards issue.)

Forward setting time is always less troublesome than setting it backwards. Forward setting "skips time" but backward adjustments cause the "same time" to happen twice.

Confusing for humans but nearly mind blowing to computer programs not build for such things.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I don't see any reason to change the time on my cpap. Rolleyes It doesn't affect anything that the machine does other than record historical data. Thinking-about But then again, I only monitor my data once in a blue moon. Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-08-2014, 11:06 PM)justMongo Wrote: Did you know Australia has a time zone in the middle of the Northern Territory that is on the half hour?

Yeah, South Australia and Northern territory are half an hour ahead of the east coast. Just to make things more interesting Western Australia, Queensland and NT don't have daylight saving. Tasmania starts a week or two ahead of the other states. So at times there are three time zones on the east coast and five across the country. You should hear the Radio national guys giving a time call. Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply
I have decided to take this time change thingy a little at a time. So I'll move my clocks up 10 minutes/day for the next few days. I'm still not going to tell the cats though.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 11:47 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I have decided to take this time change thingy a little at a time. So I'll move my clocks up 10 minutes/day for the next few days. I'm still not going to tell the cats though.

Wise man. (re: the part about not telling the cats). Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Oh my head is hurting thinking about this. I had forgotten about it so thanks PaulaO2 for the reminder. I many not worry about this for a couple weeks. As I know I am going backwards 3 hours in time zones on Friday. Last time I made this trip, I recall time on my machine automatically updated with the time change. At the time I had the transmitter from DME on the machine and wondered if that caused it to update somehow. Be interesting to see what happens with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What's the big deal?

It took all of 30 seconds to change the Resmed S9 Autoset, and if you know the key press to enter the Clinical Menus (hold lower info button and right main button until it changes the display) then it doesn't require a manual.

Most electronic clocks and watches were more difficult to change than this.

BTW, my type was about 7 minutes off from 38 days ago when I last set it.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 05:11 PM)herbm Wrote: What's the big deal?

It took all of 30 seconds to change the Resmed S9 Autoset, and if you know the key press to enter the Clinical Menus (hold lower info button and right main button until it changes the display) then it doesn't require a manual.

Most electronic clocks and watches were more difficult to change than this.

BTW, my type was about 7 minutes off from 38 days ago when I last set it.

Sure, no big deal for you! You live in Texas for crying out loud. By the way, I have a daughter in Austin. Not too tall, dark hair.... You've probably seen her around town somewhere........... Next time you run into her tell her to call home.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2014, 12:31 PM)ImaSurvivor Wrote: At the time I had the transmitter from DME on the machine and wondered if that caused it to update somehow.

Never heard of this. What is the "transmitter from DME"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just the compliance modem, JJJ.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,075 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 120 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 363 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 323 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 269 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 158 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.