Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Twice a year clock change
Information 
Twice a year clock change
I hate this day. Why do we still do it? No, don't answer the question as it was rhetorical.

Anyway, our CPAP machines have a clock inside. Some machines allow the user to reset the clock to adjust to time changes. Some do not.

We made a wiki page detailing how to change the time on the machines that allow it.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

We only have the instructions for the Icon and ResMed's S9. Respironics does not allow the user to change the time. If you have another machine AND know how to set the clock, please let us know. Contact email address is near the bottom of the page linked above.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Twice a year clock change
Respironics machines all run on universal (GMT) time using what they call a real-time clock (RTC). Which means they don't need to be adjusted for things like DST or even your time zone. All that is taken care of with the software that's used to read the data they record.

The problem with this arrangement is that the machine's internal clock drifts and can be off by several minutes, or perhaps even more. One way to correct for this problem is to have an adjustable time offset built into the software so that users can compensate for their particular machine's time error. Neither SleepyHead nor the Respironics Encore software have this capability, although the author of SleepyHead was at one time interested in adding this feature.

Technicians with the right hardware and software can also set the time on the machine's internal clock, according the the information in the Respironics Service & Technical Reference Manual. Required hardware includes the "Link Module (RI p/n 1074113) with DB9F-DB9M Cable" which is available only to Respironics certified technicians.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2013, 11:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Why do we still do it?
I don,t do it. Now on mine, the time is spot on till 7th April when DST finishes and clock put back an hour
Mine would not spot on again till next October

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2013, 07:44 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 11:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Why do we still do it?
I don,t do it. Now on mine, the time is spot on till 7th April when DST finishes and clock put back an hour
Mine would not spot on again till next October

I'm an old timer when it comes to computers I guess, and as such I can get rather anal about some things. The correct time stamp is one of them. In the days before an internal clock was commonplace you had the option of setting the date and time every time you boot up the computer. Few people I knew even bothered but for me it was essential. Having computers automatically set for DST is a bonus. Since the xPAP machines don't often do it, that's something I have to manually correct or it will drive me batty.
Nervous
Post Reply Post Reply
We used to have to run clock checkers, software that would ping the official time keeper in Colorado (or elsewhere) and it would sync the computer clock. But now, I am guessing they do this automatically.

Speaking of clock drift, I finally got around to setting the time on my Autoset. Since it uses the 24hr format, I had to do math. What confused me is the Autoset's clock was off by well over an hour. 1 hr 15 minutes. I know I checked the time when I first got it because it was set to the wrong time zone.

I will keep checking it each week.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2013, 11:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I hate this day. Why do we still do it? No, don't answer the question as it was rhetorical.

Anyway, our CPAP machines have a clock inside. Some machines allow the user to reset the clock to adjust to time changes. Some do not.

We made a wiki page detailing how to change the time on the machines that allow it.

I never checked the wiki yet.
However, the ResMed S9 clinical manual for the AutoSet/Elite/Escape/Escape Auto has this to say about date and time:

If you set a new date or time that occurs in the past (eg. "fall back") then an 'invalid time/date, data exists for this period' message is displayed.
Before this change can be made, erase the compliance data - available under the Configuration menu.'
Post Reply Post Reply
F&P healthcare channel - Icon clock time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPPdyTsAD...g&index=30
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2013, 12:04 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Respironics machines all run on universal (GMT) time using what they call a real-time clock (RTC). Which means they don't need to be adjusted for things like DST or even your time zone. All that is taken care of with the software that's used to read the data they record.

My cpap clock didn't change when I flew 6 time zones away. Whenever I look at that data I wonder why I went to bed at 4 in the afternoon and woke up at midnight. It takes me a while to realize I changed continents.

However, not being able to change the time doesn't bother me. I can still tell how long I slept, and what my critical stats are even if the clock isn't accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2013, 07:42 PM)iSnooze Wrote: However, not being able to change the time doesn't bother me. I can still tell how long I slept, and what my critical stats are even if the clock isn't accurate.

You can just change your time zone in SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's nearly that time of year again. November 3rd. Where the heck did the year go??

If you have an Icon or ResMed CPAP machine, you can go here to figure out how to reset the clock:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

If you have a Phillips-Respironics machine, sorry, setting the clock is not possible without a special, impossible to find cable.

And if someone has any other machine and knows how to set the clock, let us know so we can add it to the wiki page!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 46 3,078 04-16-2024, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 366 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 269 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 159 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.