Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Twice a year clock change
RE: Twice a year clock change
(03-11-2013, 12:04 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Respironics machines all run on universal (GMT) time using what they call a real-time clock (RTC). Which means they don't need to be adjusted for things like DST or even your time zone. All that is taken care of with the software that's used to read the data they record.
Too-funnyToo-funnyToo-funny
My 2 1/2 year old PR System One BiPAP's internal clock is off by 21 minutes.

Which makes my bedtime insomnia look even worse than it actually is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clock change? What clock change. We don't do no stinkin' clock change. We go all out and go to a different time zone. Cool

Luckily I live in Arizona and we are one of the few places in the US with no clock change. We just change time zones as everyone else changes. They tried it in the mid 70s as part of the energy crisis, but found it actually increased energy use based on the way it shifted more folks into the hottest part of the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the work I put into reminding everyone to do it and making sure the wiki page was up-to-date, and I just yesterday finally got around to changing the time on my own Autoset. Oh-jeezRolleyes

But what I noticed is that in the year that I have had it, it was a full 37 minutes off. Slow. As in it should have been 2:00 but it said 1:23.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. I wonder how much mine has drifted off in the last two years. I'll have to check the next time I pull my data.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's that stupid time of year. Again. If you are among those of us who have to change your clocks, here's how to change it on your Resmed and ICON CPAPs.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

If you have a Respironics, setting the clock is not possible without a special, rare, cable.

If you know how to set the clock on any other machine, please let us know so we can pass the word along.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sound like a broken record: I don,t change the clock on my S9 CPAP machine but for Resmed people who do, best not change it before noon, nighttime is best or before naps if you happen to be a napper ... just wake up from a refreshing afternoon nap and having a nice cup of tea Coffee

Edit: nap with PAP ... of course
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
We are so not going to tell the cats about the time change. That way when they get up to play at 7:00, it'll really be 8:00 which is time for them to go back to sleep. Ahhh, peace at last, peace at last....
Post Reply Post Reply
I set mine ahead this afternoon. Standard time is so short these days, I don't understand why we don't stay on DST year round.

Did you know Australia has a time zone in the middle of the Northern Territory that is on the half hour?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to ask the same question a lot and was always told it was because of the farmers. I did not know that cows could read clocks. The other thing I was told was to make sure that kids did not have to go to school or return in the dark. Makes a little more sense I guess.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If we stayed on daylight savings time all year kids would be going to school in the dark on winter mornings.

If we stayed off daylight savings time all year we'd be "wasting" an hour of daylight on summer mornings.

I can't change the time on my CPAP machine, but I don't have to worry about it because my computer knows what time it is, and if I configure the software correctly it'll take care of the issue.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 44 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,455 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,633 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,717 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,482 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 111 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.