Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[How to] Twice a year clock change
RE: Twice a year clock change
As PaulaO2 said, a modem/transmitter was attached to my machine by the DME. They could receive compliance information without my having to bring them the SD card. While traveling they could receive information at anytime on my therapy. I was worried about having to change times on the machine with time differences and traveling through the night which might look like I skipped a night of therapy. None of that happened. And I did notice the time on my machine seemed to update automatically. I never adjusted anything and it read the correct time for the timezone I was in and adjusted again when I returned home.
Post Reply Post Reply
By chance I found Paula's instructions for changing the time on my S9 Autoset and thought I would try it. My machine must have a mind of its own because when I change the time to the correct time, it gives me the message "invalid time period" and reverts back to what it was originally. I am not very tech savvy, so maybe it is something I should just leave alone. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you change it by moving it forward because it's morning therefor adding an hour to your day? Or in the afternoon? Whichever way, do it the other way.
In my case I did spring mine forward in the morning after I was done with the previous day. I didn't do it right away because I prefer to procrastinate......
Post Reply Post Reply
Was it after noon your time?

You need to make sure the time you are setting it for does not correspond to a time it has recorded data for.

If it is still arguing with you, check all the parameters including date.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2014, 03:47 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Was it after noon your time?

You need to make sure the time you are setting it for does not correspond to a time it has recorded data for.

If it is still arguing with you, check all the parameters including date.

Yes, it was after noon my time. In fact I just tried changing the time a few minutes ago (5:45 CST) and the machine insists on giving me the following message:
Invalid date/time
Data exists for this period.

Date shown on that screen is March 19, 2014.

I must be thick because I not only changed the time on all of the timepieces in our home, but also both cars and my insulin pump. This dern CPAP has a 'gremlin' inside of it.

Post Reply Post Reply
The only other thing I can think of is that the S9 also uses "military" time, the 24hr format. Your 5:45pm would be (doing the math) 17:45. I've forgotten that once or twice and gotten the same error message.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
You need to make the change in the morning. Before noon. After 1st coffee of the day.

edit: Actually before 11:00 am. That way the time you put in will be greater than the current time (looking at a 12 hour clock)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2014, 06:18 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The only other thing I can think of is that the S9 also uses "military" time, the 24hr format. Your 5:45pm would be (doing the math) 17:45. I've forgotten that once or twice and gotten the same error message.

This machine of mine does use 'military time' because yesterday when I tried to reset the time to the new time zone - it told me 18:00 hours. Is there any way I can reset the time to a 12 hr clock?

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2014, 06:19 PM)retired_guy Wrote: You need to make the change in the morning. Before noon. After 1st coffee of the day.

edit: Actually before 11:00 am. That way the time you put in will be greater than the current time (looking at a 12 hour clock)

Thank you. I will try your tip tomorrow morning and I'm glad you said "after the 1st coffee" :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
No, you can't change it to a 12hr clock.

Let us know if the before 11 works.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 0 43 Yesterday, 02:48 PM
Last Post: coffee9724
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,453 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,632 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,715 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 105 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,481 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 111 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.