Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to access Airsense 10 Expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) settings
How to access Airsense 10 Expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) settings
Hello,

Thank you in advance for any help.

I have an Airsense 10, and in the instruction manual it says, "When Pressure Relief is enabled, you may find it easier to breathe out."

I am thinking this is not enabled and I need to find out how to do so. 

Both nights I have found it hard to exhale when I wake up later at night.  It feels like the air is just not able to come out due to the pressure coming in.

So my question is how do I access this if that option isn't even available on the menu of options?  I am thinking it is locked somehow by the provider sort of like my pressure number?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to access Airsense 10 Expiratory pressure relief (EPR™) settings
Im sure that someone here will be able to tell you how to access the Providers menu.

In the meantime, order the Clinicians manual for your machine.  This will help you access that "secret" menu and make changes.

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can obtain the clinical setup manual from the forum at the link at the top of the page. In short, just press the control knob and home button to enter the Clinical Settings, and scroll down to the comfort settings. Verify EPR is set to ON, and you can set it at 1-3, with 1 being 1 cm and 3 being 3 cm of pressure relief. Keep in mind a lower exhale pressure may require you to offset that relief with higher pressure...sometimes not. Which model Airsense 10 do you have? CPAP, Elite or Autoset? The name is on the lower right-front of the machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CCDrogan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for the post ---  I FIGURED IT OUT - SIMPLE STUPID MISTAKE -   In the patient menu is "pressure reduce"  It is NOT labeled EPR so I missed it.    The problem is fixed.  Sorry for all the fuss.  I even sent it to Univ Sleep center - but no reply...
         Sleep Well!   I am not sleeping well - bad knee - APAP does not help that...     Best, Steve   Thanks Big Grin Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Steve,
This thread concerns thenAirSense 10.

Please post your responses concerning the AirSense 11 here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2-settings

Thanks.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,551 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.