Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to [can't read data from SD card]
Wink 
How to [can't read data from SD card]
I have been able to download ResMed program (earlier had downloaded SleepyHead). The ResMed program reflected the data back for one year that was on my SD card. Then I didn't try to download for 3 days - at this time I reinserted the SD card directly into my Windows 7, 64 bit desktop port as before. However, it doesn't seem to read any data off the card. Message says "There are no devices available... connect a flow generator or data card & try again." Should I buy one of the ResMed card readers that looks like a flash drive & plug my SD card into that? I am worried I'll screw up and erase all the data on the card - and that would make Medicare balky.

Thanks much for your help!
(I want to understand my leaks that have interrupted my deep sleep period at night... I've been trying 3M Blue Tape for my mouth... and also used a chinstrap the last 2 nights... my leaks per minute have dropped from about 32L/min to 14L/min and I'm feeling much better but the chinstrap is uncomfortably confining especially in warmer months ahead. Does anyone use tape one night & chinstrap the next?)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to
Shouldn't need the Resmed proprietary reader. Did you write protect the SD the first time you read it?

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Northerner3,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you have the right drive letter for your SD card. It may have changed if you have other flash drives plugged in. ResScan is picky in that it will only read from an SD card. It uses devicescan.exe to check and it can tell apparently. I and others have tried copying the data to a folder and using things like subst to 'fake' a drive. wouldn't work. Can you read the card and see if there is anything on it?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 07:38 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Northerner3,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and answers to your questions.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.

Thank you for your greeting! I am looking forward to getting to know you and the group. I am already getting some great help & ideas!
Post Reply Post Reply
Reading SD Card
(05-14-2015, 07:40 PM)AlanE Wrote: Make sure you have the right drive letter for your SD card. It may have changed if you have other flash drives plugged in. ResScan is picky in that it will only read from an SD card. It uses devicescan.exe to check and it can tell apparently. I and others have tried copying the data to a folder and using things like subst to 'fake' a drive. wouldn't work. Can you read the card and see if there is anything on it?

Thanks for replying, Alan! The ResMed SD Card is made in Taiwan and has a small number of characters Y02GD15 MSM2030764 And it is in an unlocked position instead of locked. I did download the contents to a folder in SleepyHead before I loaded ResMed program - wonder if the data in SleepyHead is not being accessed by ResScan program? It may be too much to figure out as the night darkens & our eyelids get droopy! When you can respond, I'd appreciate your help! Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
Just as a reference for locked vs. unlocked SD cards, from our Wiki article on SD cards:

Quote:On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.
[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to [can't read data from SD card]
(05-14-2015, 09:34 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Just as a reference for locked vs. unlocked SD cards. On most SD memory cards, there is a sliding "lock" on the left side of the card. When moved downward to the "lock" position, data can be read from the card, but new data cannot be written to the card. When moved up to the "unlocked" position, data can be either read or written to the card. When used in conjunction with a data-recording CPAP machine, it is important to make certain that the SD card remains in the "unlocked" position so the machine can record patient data to the memory card.

That's great information & graphic! I have not "locked" it since taking it out of the CPAP and putting it into the SD port on my HP Desktop 7 several times. I will not lock it and will simply move it back & forth between the 2 machines to get the reports. Thx, Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Reading SD Card
(05-14-2015, 08:55 PM)Northerner3 Wrote: Thanks for replying, Alan! The ResMed SD Card is made in Taiwan and has a small number of characters Y02GD15 MSM2030764 And it is in an unlocked position instead of locked. I did download the contents to a folder in SleepyHead before I loaded ResMed program - wonder if the data in SleepyHead is not being accessed by ResScan program? It may be too much to figure out as the night darkens & our eyelids get droopy! When you can respond, I'd appreciate your help! Jim
Sleepyhead copies the data to its own directory.
Usually: c:\users\?\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\AlanE\
Yours will be different after Profiles obviously.

ResScan reads the data off the card and copies it to : C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\your, name

Each stores the data differently so copying from one folder to another won't work either.

Only (well maybe not only but easiest) way to get ResScan to work is to leave the SD card in the slot and pull the data off the card. As mentioned with the lock it is a good idea to lock it before putting it in your computer. Keeps windows from trashing your card. remove the lock before putting it back in your machine.

You may also look into getting a FlashAir card so you can leave the card in your xPap machine all the time and pull down the data through wifi. In that case, you can leave your ResMed SD card in your computer and just copy the data from your Flashair to the ResMed SD card using SleepMaster or FlashPap. Either one works great and maintains the structure that will work with both Sleepyhead and ResScan.

Alan

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Ohmy 
RE: How to [can't read data from SD card]
Hi,

sorry to disturb you. I'm new to the forum.

I've just bought the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset and tried it last night for the first time.

I installed ResScan 5.4 on my PC.

When I inserted the SD memory card (with write protection) in my computer SD card reader it says it needs to be formatted...

ResScan program can't find any input device (or something similar)...

Nevertheless the device recorded the parameters of my first night (clinical menu): sleep time, mask, pressure, ahi, etc...

I am even a programmer (I should know computers a little bit), but I don't know the machine: what am I missing?

Thanks.

Regards,
Matteo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 285 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 503 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 670 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.