Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to [can't read data from SD card]
RE: How to [can't read data from SD card]
I'll try to help. I'm sure others can chime in and lend a hand.

Did you check the "installation warning" in this post: ResScan

I'm not sure about why it's asking you to format the SD card. Mine didn't. What OS are you using?

What reader are you using (built in or added on)?

Do you have another computer you can put the card into?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I followed the installation warning.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro

I used a built in SD card reader.

I was going to try with another PC tonight anyway and I did. It seems to work fine.

Thanks. Thanks

Have a nice day.

Matteo
Post Reply Post Reply
Great!
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Success! Read my SD Card
(05-15-2015, 06:26 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(05-14-2015, 08:55 PM)Northerner3 Wrote: Thanks for replying, Alan! The ResMed SD Card is made in Taiwan and has a small number of characters Y02GD15 MSM2030764 And it is in an unlocked position instead of locked. I did download the contents to a folder in SleepyHead before I loaded ResMed program - wonder if the data in SleepyHead is not being accessed by ResScan program? It may be too much to figure out as the night darkens & our eyelids get droopy! When you can respond, I'd appreciate your help! Jim
Sleepyhead copies the data to its own directory.
Usually: c:\users\?\Documents\SleepyHeadData-Testing\Profiles\AlanE\
Yours will be different after Profiles obviously.

ResScan reads the data off the card and copies it to : C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\your, name

Each stores the data differently so copying from one folder to another won't work either.

Only (well maybe not only but easiest) way to get ResScan to work is to leave the SD card in the slot and pull the data off the card. As mentioned with the lock it is a good idea to lock it before putting it in your computer. Keeps windows from trashing your card. remove the lock before putting it back in your machine.

You may also look into getting a FlashAir card so you can leave the card in your xPap machine all the time and pull down the data through wifi. In that case, you can leave your ResMed SD card in your computer and just copy the data from your Flashair to the ResMed SD card using SleepMaster or FlashPap. Either one works great and maintains the structure that will work with both Sleepyhead and ResScan.

Alan

Alan, The information you gave me has been amazing... and it has finally worked out great for me. I have both ResMed & Sleepyhead on my computer.... for each program I import (download) the data... I locked the SD card before putting it into the drive slot in my computer... and then unlocked it before putting it into the CPAP machine. I have now spent a couple hours viewing the data and reports... and as you mentioned before, the Sleepyhead program has more informative reports and features that you can adjust. This is a real advance for me! My doctor told me "every thing looks good... you may consider a different mask if you are not feeling rested... see you in TWO years." With this sparse medical involvement, how can we not become our own clinicians and advocates? The reports have given me some major insight - leaks can be minimized by wearing a chinstrap - which I tried one night. I do appreciate my doctor but she's under many regulations by Medicare. Many thanks for all your help! Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Success! Read my SD Card
(05-15-2015, 03:02 PM)Northerner3 Wrote: This is a real advance for me! My doctor told me "every thing looks good... you may consider a different mask if you are not feeling rested... see you in TWO years." With this sparse medical involvement, how can we not become our own clinicians and advocates?

Exactly right. My doctor has been good but she has a list of patients a mile long. She can't give the attention to each person it deserves. All about the money. Get them in, push them out. Glad you are taking the steps to learn it. There are many posts about Sleepyhead and how to interpret data. I think the same for ResScan although that doesn't seem to be as intense.

Anyway, you're welcome Jim, anytime. I sometimes get it right. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a new Resmed Aircurve bipap-auto. Just a few nights so far.
I also installed the resmed 5.4 software. I've only downloaded the SD
card once so far. From what I remember, you want to start the Resmed
software Before you plug in the SD card. I think there is some weird driver
issue with the ordering of things. I think if you plug in the card first (before
starting the 5.4 software), you get some standard Windows driver that gets ResMed confused.

I had a S9 Auto for a few years and I did manage to corrupt an SD card once.
Now I write protect the card before reading it on my PC. If you forget to un-write protect
it before inserting it back into the S10 machine, it will give you a warning message that
the card is write protected. On the S10, there is a little tiny LED right above the SD card
slot. DO NOT take the SD card out if that light it blinking! The S10 is doing something with
the card.

Mileage varies, but the S10 has a built-in cell modem. In the US, this thing "phones home"
periodically to report basic statistics which you can view if you have a "www.resmed/myair account.

Somebody asked about Medicare compliance data. I assume this works like the S9.
There is some amount of memory internal to the machine (aside from the SD card).
The Medicare compliance data is stored there as well as on the SD card. When my SD
card failed, my sleep lab was able to get a bunch of data out of the machine itself. Don't
know what they did as the tech just took the machine and brought it back with a written
report for the doc. The SD card can record some amount of high resolution data which doesn't
go in the machines internal memory. One of the problems is that if you change the time
(like when chaning from summer to winter time), that causes the compliance data to be
erased.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 287 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,211 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 505 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 672 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.