Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to change daily time cycle on S9
How to change daily time cycle on S9
Hi. I use a Resmed S9 Auto. I have the clinician manual but I can not seem to find how to change the time of day that the machine rolls over to the next day.
My issue is that sometimes I work nights and sleep from 7am to mid afternoon (if I'm lucky). The machine cuts off my day somewhere around 1pm and I end up short on my compliance time for that day.
Does anyone know how to adjust when the S9 switches to the next day for compliance tracking purposes? I'd like to change it to 6pm instead of where it is now.

I appreciate any help.

M
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to change daily time cycle on S9
Hi Apneated,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think you can change that parameter.

You could change the clock so that "noon" falls at 6 PM, but the S9 has a tendency to decide to erase all the existing data when you change the clock, even if you're not trying to anything screwy. You'd also have to mentally readjust the clock times when you look at your data.

I believe SleepyHead will let you change this in its reports, but your insurance probably won't accept SleepyHead data for compliance purposes.

Some people have been able to challenge compliance info calculation glitches like this by making someone with the DME actually look at the data and think, but you are doing battle with the impenetrable wall of ignorance when you fight something like this.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
New CPAP day start at midday (12 noon). If not mistaken, am and pm setting can be reversed so when its actually midnight .. the machine think its midday and start a new CPAP day

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2013, 02:47 PM)archangle Wrote: I don't think you can change that parameter.

You could change the clock so that "noon" falls at 6 PM, but the S9 has a tendency to decide to erase all the existing data when you change the clock, even if you're not trying to anything screwy. You'd also have to mentally readjust the clock times when you look at your data.

I believe SleepyHead will let you change this in its reports, but your insurance probably won't accept SleepyHead data for compliance purposes.

Some people have been able to challenge compliance info calculation glitches like this by making someone with the DME actually look at the data and think, but you are doing battle with the impenetrable wall of ignorance when you fight something like this.

Well that's a bummer. Seems like it would be a common issue they'd have a solution for. I can't swap am and pm as that doesn't match my schedule well either. I guess I'll just keep notes and justify the number of missed days as a result of the timekeeping. I'm disappointed such an expensive piece of equipment ignores a major issue like that.
Thanks for the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set the clock, yes, but not the point it considers the beginning and end of a day.

But your compliance should not be messed up.

Example:
Friday - go to bed at 11am, up at 7 for 8hrs
machine says 1hr for Friday, yes.
Saturday - same schedule, bed at 11 and up at 7,
machine says you used the machine for 8 hrs because it has the 7hrs from Friday and the 1 hour Saturday
Same for Sunday and the rest of the days. It carries that time over so, in essence, it is still tracking those hours, just puts them on a different "day"

Do you view the data with ResScan or SleepyHead?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Switch it to Greenwhch Mean Time (GMT)/Zulu/UCT?

OMyMyOHellYes
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2013, 07:51 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Example:
Friday - go to bed at 11am, up at 7 for 8hrs
machine says 1hr for Friday, yes.
Saturday - same schedule, bed at 11 and up at 7,
machine says you used the machine for 8 hrs because it has the 7hrs from Friday and the 1 hour Saturday
Same for Sunday and the rest of the days. It carries that time over so, in essence, it is still tracking those hours, just puts them on a different "day"
Interesting; so they don't care if it's 8 contiguous hours, so long as you satisfy 8 total hours in a 24 hour period. That's good to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
4 hours a day 70% of the time for the first month meets compliance criteria but doubt anyone can function on this amount of sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2013, 07:58 PM)zonk Wrote: 4 hours a day 70% of the time for the first month meets compliance criteria but doubt anyone can function on this amount of sleep

I think the idea is that if you are doing at least 4 hours of therapy, if it's working, most people will get over the initial resistance and decide to do it full time.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 208 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,708 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 618 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 172 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 807 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.