Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to clean Resmed N30i nasal cradle?
How to clean Resmed N30i nasal cradle?
The QuietAir vent (oval part with the cotton/polymer bit) can be removed. Should I be washing the whole thing daily? Or pop out the vent and wash the rest of the cradle? Should I not get the QuietAir vent get wet?  Huh

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to clean Resmed N30i nasal cradle?
What does the mask user manual say?
Post Reply Post Reply
It just says clean the nasal cradle daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi PurpleOx,

I use the P30i variant which is similar. Once, I rinsed the entire assembly in water, and I was not enamored with the residual moisture in that fabric thingy. I found that it made more noise the next few nights until it dried up (that's my theory - and I'm stickin' to it).

Since then, I have been removing that vent sub-assembly prior to cleaning the pillows with water and mild detergent. I do this approximately once per week. For daily cleaning, I use a mask wipe to wipe down the nasal interfaces.

These things seem to need replacement ~ every 30 days, so I'm not too worried about that vent thingy getting overly nasty.

Hope that helps.

Mikey
Post Reply Post Reply
@xhwmikey, yup that's what I was worried about! That it wouldn't dry well and then make expiration difficult or noisy. Thanks for taking one for the team lol...
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the P30i pillows, bear with me....

There are two kinds of P30i Vents: with Holes, and and with Mesh (marketed as Quiet Air)

Two Kinds of P30i Vents

I pop out the Vent with Mesh and set it aside to dry during the rest of the day.
I use a baby toothbrush to clean the rest of the P30i pillows, set that aside to dry.

The older style vent with the Holes was easier to clean. Not available anymore. Noisier, but better.

Not a good idea to wash the newer style Vent with Mesh, because you will need some finesse to remove the mesh, a hair dryer to properly dry it, and some futzing around to get the mesh back in. Can be done but not worth the time.

I bought a few of these as spares (5 AUD) from my local sleep clinic but the prices are now around AUD 12.00
It's called Airfit 30i Quiet Air Vent part number 63889 and as far as I can see from the ResMed sites this fits both the N30i and the P30i

I started using the Vent with Mesh on 9 Dec 2021, can't get the old ones anymore.

My current one has the black holes, no one seems to know what causes this (search the forum for "black spots"). So it has lasted for around 3 months which is not bad.

Coincidentally I looked at my mesh this morning and decided I will swap to a new one tonight.

I guess I should swap them over more often.

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
@SevereApnea, thanks for the part number! It's very odd, they offer that part separately in Australian sites but not in any other site. Wish it were available where I lived.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 347 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,552 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 342 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 488 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.