Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How to clean a heated h
How to clean a heated h
Last week I got a heated hose for my Bi-Pap. It had no cleaning instructions. I didn't even think to ask the Home Health Care how to clean it. I read online not to submerge in water. Oops, I already washed it in water and I did submerge. Hope it will work. How do you clean yours?

Sleepyv
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to clean a heated h
I wash mine (ResMed, not Philips) in hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly in very hot water, once a week. Everything gets submerged. I've been using the same hose for three years with no problems whatsoever.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my Respironics heated hose in hot soapy water and rinse well, being careful not to submerge the contacts. A little water probably won't hurt them. Be careful about sticking anything in the end that connects to the mask, on the Respironics heated hose anyway. The humidity sensor could be damaged.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I place a small piece of electrical tape over the electrical contacts at the end of the hose, then wash in hot soapy water, rinse well, hang to dry.

I would imagine it's ok if the contacts got wet as long as it is dry before using, I just like to play it safe.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your user manual from Philips Respironics Dreamstation has this information on page 8 http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...3D11410694 It might be worth a look.

Home Cleaning Instructions: Heated Tubing
Clean the heated tubing before first use and weekly.
1. Disconnect the heated tubing from the heated humidifier.
2. Gently wash the heated tubing, including connectors, in a solution of warm water and a mild dish washing detergent
to adequately remove adhering substances from the tube and connectors.
Note:
Be sure to clean the entire inner surface of the tube by ensuring it is fully immersed in the detergent
solution during gentle agitation by hand.
3. Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue from the tube and connectors with water and allow to air dry. Make
sure the tube and connectors are dry before next use.
4. Inspect the heated tubing for damage or wear (cracking, crazing, tears, punctures, etc.). Discard and replace if necessar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepyv,
The next time you get a replacement hose, keep the old one back and alternate them from week to week so you'll always have a dry heated hose to put on your machine.
I wash mine in warm soapy water and the connector gets submerged, and I haven't had any trouble with it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 449 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.