Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Permanently Disable ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Cellular?
RE: Permanently Disable ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Cellular?
(03-13-2019, 01:29 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: Unfortunately, ResMed (and Phillips) does not consider the end-user the customer. They consider the Doctors and DMEs the customer.

That sounds just about right. However, they will talk to us over here, but whether anything gets passed on to the boffin's is questionable.
I have had a few responses from ResMed UK. They say they will pass on all comments, but you have to take their word for it.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2019, 02:12 PM)CHanlon Wrote: I bought my machine outright, no prescription, and without a DME... so my guess would be that they have some kind of sweet deal.  It updates MyAir with my info every morning, never cost me a cent.

Yeah, but I'm guessing that you didn't sign a HIPAA authorization when you bought the machine, so I'm not sure if ResMed can legally use your data until you sign up with your DME, Doctor and/or the MyAir app. The MyAir app doesn't display any data from before you sign up -- but, that may be to prevent an end user from seeing a previous users details.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new Airsense 10 for her. The Cpap shop in Toronto, Ontario told me that they pay money to Resmed for all of their cpaps. Resmed requires that fee for the celluar card to work. I discovered that Telus is the provider on a 3G network. The signal is -81dbm in my house which is considered as being good. Not sure if the CRTC allows data transmission. I was also informed that my warranty is 3 years. Any cpap machine can be replaced after 5 years. All the Cpap shop does is says that the machine is not working and Ohip (Ontario insurance) will cover 75% of the cost.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want to complain in Canada then here is the link

Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission complaints  Write and fill about ResMed transmitting data

https://applications.crtc.gc.ca/question...1574888467

Remember that the provider is  Telus on a 3G network with -81dbm which is a good signal.
Report by Using privacy of data,  Especially  if you never signed up for data transmission.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 438 41 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 114 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,614 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.